New entry requirement for Spain from the 23rd November (possibly) (1 Viewer)

Nomadian

Free Member
Feb 21, 2020
Not up Jim’s arse like some
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
More than some less than others
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
A good way to put families off visiting Spain this winter. The virus tests will no doubt be private and expensive.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I'm struggling with this as well. My neighbour travels 2 or 3 x a month, by road usually, from here via France, Germany, Luxembourg ,Belgium,to Holland collecting vehicles & returns with them.
When I asked before he didn't even know there was any type of form to be filled in for entry to France/spain ?
Next week it is a flight to Germany pick up a lorry & drag & on to Holland to load more trailers & back.
I'd also be amazed at border crossings by road if there was any checks.

& if you click the link in the article it states travellers of any nationality enetering spain from abroad yet still only states "air travellers" .Probably why no one else bothers?

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
France will get an update from Prime Minister Jean Castex this evening, after two weeks of a second lockdown. But already more than 60% of French citizens have broken the lockdown rules, a survey suggests – many say they've been seeing family and friends or used a special travel certificate for the wrong reasons.

The Dutch government plans to impose €95 (£85) fines on anyone not wearing a mask indoors in public spaces – until now there have been constitutional problems in changing the law.

Spain has now seen 40,000 Covid deaths and it's going to ask visitors from 65 at risk countries, including neighbouring France, to take a negative test in the three days before they travel.

The head of the EU's health agency, Andrea Ammon, has warned that it is optimistic to think the first vaccines will roll out in the first three months of 2021 – she's told AFP news agency that the pandemic in Europe is "very, very concerning"

The above copied from bbc website 1333 hrs today, thur 12nov.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Mine says anyone flying or sailing
Screenshot_20201113-023156_Chrome.jpg

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
My understanding of this is that it stipulates that a neg test is required when entering any port or airport......no mention of cross border roads, and as Gus has said, his neighbour is back and forth without any issues, so what is the definitive rule?

In theory, you can leave the UK after this lock down ends, hopefully, and enter France via the tunnel. Transit france and enter Spain, but if you had done a test just before leaving the UK, that could then have exceeded the 72 hours rule, so you will have to find somewhere in France, north of the Spanish border, to get a test? Is that how it will work?

Or is it a case of just going for it basing your eligibility on the poor wording that hasn't mentioned entering Spain "By road"?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back