new engine (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well I have the engine from wales I will be doing nothing more than changing the cam belt kit and the oil filter putting the turbo and manifold off the old engine new gaskets as the guy had sold the turbo then back on the road for next week at latest week after ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's

just had to put it in the car side door as when I went to bring the trailer Frome my son's house the tyre was flat bummer co we just put it in the kia

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
a quick rub down and coat of paint wouldn't go amiss, well done Bill I do hope it's the last one you have to do. Time you actually got some use out of a van. so good luck with it.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
If the engine has been stood for some time I would take the opportunity to change the water Pump and Water jacket plugs whilst it is out.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
regardless of what the seller said, i reckon its been stored outdoors.

Change the alternator and belt and wire brush the front pulley's Bill.

If you fitted a new clutch on the last one i would change that as wel....a bit late when the engine is in and clutch slips.

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
as that engine sure looks like its been sat around for some time . while its on the deck, would you not think it wise [for the price of a head gasket /bolts] to remove the cylinder head and check the valves and cylinder bores before you go any further ? not a critism just a observation . regards garry

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
what Engine is it??

?? I GOT A WARRANTIED complete fully reconditioned Engine from London
for my pick up L200 dont get me wrong it was £1300 but that incl £200 deposit for my old Engine, the whole Engine Block is re done all moving parts is new valves cams top and bottom, i got my turbo reconditioned and my fuel pump done as well , new belts pulleys wheels complete , Engine on a pallet delivered and old one picked up when i was finished with it,,
Now drives awesome like new, I got an Engine that had been sitting similar to the above in good faith it was taken as working,, Ended up cracked Linings ,i stripped out from the old van and traveled 50 miles for it , no warranty and even if there was i was so pissed off i swore i would never buy an Engine that way again , Trusting that an Engine is good to go is taken in good Faith ,the seller its nothing for them to sell sh8t , there not spending hours stripping and building and adding on all the new parts around it, Then it mangled,, strip it down clean it up and add new gaskets to what you have,
Good luck hope it goes well , :thumb:

Attachments

• 1356002163_466311401_4-Mitsubishi-reconditioned-l200-engine-25-4d56-t-diesel-remanufactured-engi.jpg
    1356002163_466311401_4-Mitsubishi-reconditioned-l200-engine-25-4d56-t-diesel-remanufactured-engi.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 49

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
for my pick up L200 dont get me wrong it was £1300 but that incl £200 deposit for my old Engine, the whole Engine Block is re done all moving parts is new valves cams top and bottom, i got my turbo reconditioned and my fuel pump done as well , new belts pulleys wheels complete , Engine on a pallet delivered and old one picked up when i was finished with it,,
Now drives awesome like new, I got an Engine that had been sitting similar to the above in good faith it was taken as working,, Ended up cracked Linings ,i stripped out from the old van and traveled 50 miles for it , no warranty and even if there was i was so pissed off i swore i would never buy an Engine that way again , Trusting that an Engine is good to go is taken in good Faith ,the seller its nothing for them to sell sh8t , there not spending hours stripping and building and adding on all the new parts around it, Then it mangled,, strip it down clean it up and add new gaskets to what you have,
agreed.....VW Golf engine from a breakers.(100 mile round trip)
He said it was driven in and ran well.
Slotted it in and started up.....more smoke than the Vatican chimney on new pope day.

Got a refund luckily and they collected the palleted engine.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Bill, you're a braver man than I.

I really do wish you well with that [STRIKE]wee [/STRIKE] project. :whatthe:

All the best with it. :thumb:

Jock.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
regardless of what the seller said, i reckon its been stored outdoors.

Change the alternator and belt and wire brush the front pulley's Bill.

If you fitted a new clutch on the last one i would change that as wel....a bit late when the engine is in and clutch slips.
changing all the ancillary's going to have a look inside tomorrow it will have a good cleen up and putting the water pump of the old engine ont it and before it gows in it will get a bench run compression test

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
well I have the engine from wales[HI] I will be doing nothing more than changing the cam belt kit and the oil filter putting the turbo and manifold off the old engine new gaskets[/HI] as the guy had sold the turbo then back on the road for next week at latest week after ::bigsmile:

i did think that was very unlike you Bill.

I though maybe frustration had beaten you down. :roflmto:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I have new hed gasket kit on order and it will get a scim to will be changing prity much most of the ancillary bits and clutch
bill

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
i did think that was very unlike you Bill.

I though maybe frustration had beaten you down. :roflmto:
did have a bit of a frustration fit but just got in frome the garage just now it is mint inside valve sets looking good head back on Tuesday f
my son had the heed off in half hr.
that's why I posted it to get another view sometimes you cant se the trees for the woods
thanks john :thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
the ting is I do know the guy and I know a bit of history he has helped a few on a another forum i even know the van it came out of i know it was running when it got laid up owing to a ger box problem been pestering him for week's to get the engine off him i know the risk but i have the ability to do the work required
and it would be £1900 to get a rebuld plus vat looked in to it that's if thay could find one thanks for posting
bill

Last edited:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.

Was that price for a full unit, or a half engine,,,(no head etc)?

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Bill

Pleased you got her home ok :thumb::thumb:

Only a little way to go now ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Mike

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
progress so far this week
Removed old engine striped down the engine I just got cylinder boors spot on clean and no rust or corrosion bit of a mark shadow where pistons had been siting.
I just gave them a squirt with WD 40 pistons cycled engine a few times marks almost gone ::bigsmile:
rebuilt cylinder head full Monty valves reground valve stem seals re shimmed put back on engine
  • Changed over water pump thermostat housing the thermostat is almost new from last rebuild replaced all hoses
  • All pulleys changed over
  • Replaced power steering pump and pipe work modified
  • changed alternator over
  • clanged out fan belts
  • new cam belt kit to fit tomorrow it only came today to the motor factors.
  • gear box serviced
  • clutch removed will change over flywheel tomorrow
  • camera stolen off garden wall :cry:I left it on the wall when I went for dinner:Doh:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
progress so far this week
Removed old engine striped down the engine I just got cylinder boors spot on clean and no rust or corrosion bit of a mark shadow where pistons had been siting.
I just gave them a squirt with WD 40 pistons cycled engine a few times marks almost gone ::bigsmile:
rebuilt cylinder head full Monty valves reground valve stem seals re shimmed put back on engine
  • Changed over water pump thermostat housing the thermostat is almost new from last rebuild replaced all hoses
  • All pulleys changed over
  • Replaced power steering pump and pipe work modified
  • changed alternator over
  • clanged out fan belts
  • new cam belt kit to fit tomorrow it only came today to the motor factors.
  • gear box serviced
  • clutch removed will change over flywheel tomorrow
  • camera stolen off garden wall :cry:I left it on the wall when I went for dinner:Doh:

Bill

I don't know whether to say "like" to all the work you have done or "Oh cr*p" to the missing camera.

But decided overall - what a great job you are doing :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Bill

I don't know whether to say "like" to all the work you have done or "Oh cr*p" to the missing camera.

But decided overall - what a great job you are doing :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
I have had a grate time doing it was a bit mift at the start of the week but had a few challenges with it the weather has been on my side.

It got lovely and warm at the front of the garage today only got one black nale today when I dropped the power steering pump on my big toe:shout:

the only thing abut losing the camera was losing all my picks of the rebuild:cry:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Bill, You dont need me to tell you to rebuild it. Take nothing for granted :thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I think you deserve some sort of Funster award Bill for getting on with things no matter what s@ hits the fan:thumb:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well the gearbox going on tomorrow but I wont get it back in th van till the weekend as they sent the wrong cam belt kit

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
IMGP3570_zpsaa65766a.jpg
IMGP3569_zpsf95dc6f1.jpg

just got to change cam belt kit now and in it gows :wooo::wooo:

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
ah but does it go as far as the post office:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Roger,

If Bill says it's a "goer", then it's a "goer" regardless of whether there is a bl##by Post Office about or not. :Doh:

Give it your best Bill pal. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back