New Ducato - odometer flashing constantly (2 Viewers)

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
I queried this with the dealer on collection, they spoke to Fiat and were told they all did it and it would stop itself at 500km. Way past that and it's still flashing. All other features such as trip and. Mpg etc working okay.

It sticks in my mind I read somewhere that dealers had the ability for a limited time to drive a vehicle for a limited time and then reset the mileage to zero. For example if it was driven from factory to dealer - is that possible?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Had 3 new Ducato's never seen that, once you have got it registered you can take it to any Fiat dealer. You need to go to a Fiat dealer with your V5 anyway to get it registered on the Fiat UK system.

I think the limit for a reset is 50 miles.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
The mileage reset illuminates a letter H next to the mileage display if it is within the limit for being reset. If no H is present, it has either been reset already or passed the limit.

A flashing odometer means that the ECUs on the vehicle are not correctly configured and synchronised with the body computer, which contains the main "map" of the network

It will need a diagnostic check to discover which node the system is complaining about, followed by a proxi alignment to rewrite the map when the error has been fixed.

It's probably nothing to be concerned about if there are no other warning lights or messages displayed, but it won't stop until it has been fixed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bustup15

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
The mileage reset illuminates a letter H next to the mileage display if it is within the limit for being reset. If no H is present, it has either been reset already or passed the limit.

A flashing odometer means that the ECUs on the vehicle are not correctly configured and synchronised with the body computer, which contains the main "map" of the network

It will need a diagnostic check to discover which node the system is complaining about, followed by a proxi alignment to rewrite the map when the error has been fixed.

It's probably nothing to be concerned about if there are no other warning lights or messages displayed, but it won't stop until it has been fixed.
Cheers - will get it checked

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
Not directly concerned with your issue but I drive a Ducati minibus fitted with a tachograph we legally don't need

On that the odometer flashes because we have no card in it
Maybe a clue?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Odometer flashes on my 07 Ducato every now and again, just switch off ignition and start again and it stops doing it. Probably nothing to do with your fault though.

Electronics!!!

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
The problem you have is that the ECU has detected a fault on your system. I had this when I got rid of the rubbish SatNav that came with the Fiat. Once the ECU realised that the SatNav was missing the mileage started to flash. I also found out that you could not change the date and time as it was missing from the menu.

The only people who can sort out problems like this are Fiat Proffesional as you need their computer system to sort out the problem.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Or anyone with MultiEcuScan or AlfaOBD, particularly if it is a simple configuration issue. Reset the configured ECU list, proxy align and job done (y)

As I said above, if there are no other symptoms or warnings present it's probably something really simple.

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
mine Flashes because we changed fiat radio for a Kenwood, no accounting for taste:rolleyes:

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
mine Flashes because we changed fiat radio for a Kenwood, no accounting for taste:rolleyes:

If you get the Fiat radio node removed from the BCM config it will stop. It's doing it because the van is expecting something to be present that it can't find.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
I changed our radio for a different model and was expecting this to happen, it didn't no problems at all

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I had even more fun with mine as it also has steering wheel controls. The guy from Fiat changed the configuration to tell it no radio which is what Fiat told him to do. That then added the Date / Time settings to the display on the dash BUT it disabled the SWC. Why do you need them if you don’t have a radio. I sat with the guy from our local Fiat Centre with his computer plugged in and we eventually found a setting for an After Market Radio that made the SWC work. You could see the codes on the screen as you pressed the SWC buttons.

22,000 miles later and it’s all still working even after a Software Update.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back