Free Member
Apr 16, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Im a newbie
Looking at a new Creda 890 M, could do with a bit of help, is it worth having the air suspension? it says its "AutoLevel", does that mean on site it levels itself, and if so why is there a hydraulic jacking available, also I assume the standard loo is a cassette type, with a different toilet with holding tank as a 2K extra, if there is not a manhole nearby, do you need buckets:( or a long sewage hose:cry:. Thanks

Peter S

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Towcester
Funster No
MH
A class Concorde liner 89
Exp
Since 2011
We have air suspension and hydraulic levelling on our concorde liner:
1) The air suspension is really handy for setting the ride height and also doing an initial levelling when you get to site. Also useful if you have a steep drive at home to stop the van grounding when going onto the drive.I would say a good option to buy.
2) The hydraulic levelling has an auto level function where it takes the jacks down and then levels the van. They are not meant to be used to lift the van clear of the ground, but are handy for getting everything sorted quickly. I would again say a good option to buy and very expensive to retrofit.
3) In terms of the loo - we have the marine toilet with the holding tank. Before we bought our first concorde I was very negative about the idea. However, I now have a long hose which I connect up and run to a connection at home and its a clean and simple process to empty. If you are planning to want to camp in places where there could be no/ dubious loo's the holding tank and marine loo are brilliant IMO. I would always go for these over a cassette these days.

If I was looking for a concorde at the moment, I would want a model with all three of these options so it maybe also helps with resale?

Colin Taylor

Free Member
Mar 8, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Agree with all the above, had doubts about the macerator toilet but really glad we had it fitted, the jacks are brilliant, no rocking vans, and the air suspension is also very good. One other item to consider is the extra solar panel and additional leisure battery. This gives you a larger inverter. We generally manage with no EHU and use the inverter for kettle and coffee machine.
PS THERE is now a Facebook page Concorde Motorhomes owners UK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter S

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Towcester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2011
Agree with all the above, had doubts about the macerator toilet but really glad we had it fitted, the jacks are brilliant, no rocking vans, and the air suspension is also very good. One other item to consider is the extra solar panel and additional leisure battery. This gives you a larger inverter. We generally manage with no EHU and use the inverter for kettle and coffee machine.
PS THERE is now a Facebook page Concorde Motorhomes owners UK
Can you send me a link to the FB page as I just tried searching for it and cannot find it. Thanks in advance

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Big van for a lightweight chassis!

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Although I am a N+B Flair owner the items you ask about are generic to both of the marks. Air suspension is great for travel, and the additional functions, like raising for clearance, leaning for tank emptying etc. provide a lot of flexibilty Also where the pitch is almost flat you can level the van within the limits of the air bag height. Jacks however provide a greater lift, a steadier platform, and the ability to change a wheel. So as said both provide huge benefits and are good investments in terms of flexibility of use.
The holding tank with macerating toilet is in my opinion a massive plus and we only considered vans that had this option available. The macerating toilet ensures a slurry in the tank and I use a 40mm pipe to drain it and the grey tank. I have a freshwater flush which means I can add water and flush the tank through. On my Flair the black and grey evacuation pipes join in a Y, to form a single waste pipe connection. The procedure is to put the van onto tank drain on the air or jacks, release the black tank, when nearly empty I connect the water pipe and fill the blank tank with water and give it a few flushes, then close the valve and release the grey. This process ensures that the pipes are cleaned through.
I have a short 40mm hose and a collection of various lengths with 1.5 inch BSP connectors so I can extend the length of run to suit the pitch. I also have an additional macerating pump which I can connect and that has a 25mm pipe and I can pump a huge distance. So loads of flexibility, and of course my 160 litre black tank easily lasts 10 day to even 2 weeks.

Peter S

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Towcester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2011
Although I am a N+B Flair owner the items you ask about are generic to both of the marks. Air suspension is great for travel, and the additional functions, like raising for clearance, leaning for tank emptying etc. provide a lot of flexibilty Also where the pitch is almost flat you can level the van within the limits of the air bag height. Jacks however provide a greater lift, a steadier platform, and the ability to change a wheel. So as said both provide huge benefits and are good investments in terms of flexibility of use.
The holding tank with macerating toilet is in my opinion a massive plus and we only considered vans that had this option available. The macerating toilet ensures a slurry in the tank and I use a 40mm pipe to drain it and the grey tank. I have a freshwater flush which means I can add water and flush the tank through. On my Flair the black and grey evacuation pipes join in a Y, to form a single waste pipe connection. The procedure is to put the van onto tank drain on the air or jacks, release the black tank, when nearly empty I connect the water pipe and fill the blank tank with water and give it a few flushes, then close the valve and release the grey. This process ensures that the pipes are cleaned through.
I have a short 40mm hose and a collection of various lengths with 1.5 inch BSP connectors so I can extend the length of run to suit the pitch. I also have an additional macerating pump which I can connect and that has a 25mm pipe and I can pump a huge distance. So loads of flexibility, and of course my 160 litre black tank easily lasts 10 day to even 2 weeks.
Great advice there.

To add to it. Both concordes I have had also have the water connection so you can flush the black tank after use with clean water. It all sounds a bit gruesome but actually its very straightforward.

Peter S

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Towcester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2011
While we are on this subject, I have only so far found a site with black waste connection on the pitch - that was in Austria! Are sites in the UK starting to adapt pitches for black as well as grey do you know?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
While we are on this subject, I have only so far found a site with black waste connection on the pitch - that was in Austria! Are sites in the UK starting to adapt pitches for black as well as grey do you know?
This is a valid point of discussion. Somewhere on here a council drain man stated there are only 2 types of drain, surface water and sewerage the latter taking all waste water other than surface water. So campsites advertising grey waste on pitches will have the drain going into a sewerage drain as you cannot drain grey waste into a surface water drain. So why don't sites state black waste. I have a theory. To stop people with cassettes trying to drain them on the pitch. Invariably the waste pipe connection on the pitch are smaller too again I believe to deter cassette emptying. Pitch drains cannot manage cack handed emptying of solids. I have seen some gross examples at aires which I will not discuss on here. With a 40mm pipe I can connect to a drain without the contents being displayed or spread around. I am on a Spanish site at the moment which has a drain, about 50mm pipe, the drain goes into the same main drain that runs from the static vans on here, as indeed would be logical. So if a pitch has an advertised grey connection I use it for black too.

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005

More and more common now Pete.
Hurley Riverside ,Carvynick ,Bagwell Farm are just three off the top of my head I can think of.
What I tend to do is keep the grey open and leave the black shut for a few days......then close the grey for a day. Open the black then use the grey to flush the 40mm pipe........It's the way we used to empty the tanks on the RV and just carried it on.
Hope this helps.

John

Peter S

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Towcester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2011
This is a valid point of discussion. Somewhere on here a council drain man stated there are only 2 types of drain, surface water and sewerage the latter taking all waste water other than surface water. So campsites advertising grey waste on pitches will have the drain going into a sewerage drain as you cannot drain grey waste into a surface water drain. So why don't sites state black waste. I have a theory. To stop people with cassettes trying to drain them on the pitch. Invariably the waste pipe connection on the pitch are smaller too again I believe to deter cassette emptying. Pitch drains cannot manage cack handed emptying of solids. I have seen some gross examples at aires which I will not discuss on here. With a 40mm pipe I can connect to a drain without the contents being displayed or spread around. I am on a Spanish site at the moment which has a drain, about 50mm pipe, the drain goes into the same main drain that runs from the static vans on here, as indeed would be logical. So if a pitch has an advertised grey connection I use it for black too.
Thats brilliant - thanks for that - exactly what I had thought and suspected(y)

More and more common now Pete.
Hurley Riverside ,Carvynick ,Bagwell Farm are just three off the top of my head I can think of.
What I tend to do is keep the grey open and leave the black shut for a few days......then close the grey for a day. Open the black then use the grey to flush the 40mm pipe........It's the way we used to empty the tanks on the RV and just carried it on.
Hope this helps.

John
Thanks John - I was really tempted to do exactly that last week while we were away but thought I better not, even though, I was absolutely convinced that grey would end up in the same sewer as black. (y)

Apologies to the OP for going slightly off topic but hopefully this discussion has proved informative for them as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back