New Consort motorhome (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
PVC. Consort Oslo
Exp
Ive already introduced myself here last year, but just to say we've finally got our first motorhome. It's been a long time researching, picking up loads of information on these forums. Thanks for all your collective shared experience. Just wanted to share our views about our new motorhome, in case anyone else is looking at this company.

We spent about 3 years looking, and many NEC shows, before buying our first motorhome. Keen to avoid the pitfalls, we did our research. Finally deciding on a Vantage Neo van conversion, a quality product, from the company founded by Scot Naylor, and which he sold in 2016. However, we balked at the price.

We were going to proceed, as the Vantage is a great quality product, but someone on this forum told me about Scot’s new company, Consort Motorhomes. We went to see him last July. It was clear from the outset that Consort have significantly raised the game, again, in design, quality, and customer service. All for a more reasonable price. Straight away, we ordered our Consort Oslo. It was a no brainer. Consort have been brilliant to deal with from the very beginning, until delivery of our new van last week. We now look forward to many years travelling in this fantastic motorhome.

If you’re in the market for this type of motorhome, you’d be hard pressed to find a better product and company to deal with.

F27548AD-E21F-4065-859E-B13C5F727642_1_201_a.jpeg
C35C019F-1F95-45E9-A924-6953180D8A05_1_201_a.jpeg

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Congrats on the new toy. (y)

Consort would be at the top of my list if I was buying again although shame they currently only do white vans (I'm hopeless at washing so silver doesn't look so scruffy, quite so quick). I think they will be exhibiting at Peterborough so I hope to have a good look at one there and compare it to my Autotrail.

Will be good to hear what you really think of the van once you've had a few trips in it and had a chance to put it though it's paces.

AnnieB

Free Member
Jan 6, 2021
Grt Manchester
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Air
Exp
8+ years
We (or rather ‘I’) have been looking at the Consort Reef models on-line. Has to be sub 6 metres to fit on the drive. Can I ask how long to waited for the van?
Thanks

OP
OP
G
Nov 8, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
PVC. Consort Oslo
Exp
I dunno, perhaps my computer monitor is wonky, and a trip to Specsavers would help me. I'm lead that the Consort website shows spec of the van conversion as white, no apparent options for different colour?
Yes ours is silver. It was his last one in stock last summer. I think as a smaller company he can now only get white as the pandemic has dramatically reduced the capacity at the van factory to produce all colours to all converters. I suspect Consort will offer metallics again in the future when things return to normal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G
Nov 8, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
PVC. Consort Oslo
Exp
We (or rather ‘I’) have been looking at the Consort Reef models on-line. Has to be sub 6 metres to fit on the drive. Can I ask how long to waited for the van?
Thanks
We ordered last July, and was quoted a December delivery, but lock downs affected Consorts production schedule, and also our ability to travel there to collect it. It has been ready since March, but we haven't been able to go and collect it until recently. I also delayed it a bit to get a 21 Reg. I was told demand has been growing since we last ordered and wait times are now longer. Best check with Scot at Consort.

OP
OP
G
Nov 8, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
PVC. Consort Oslo
Exp
Congrats on the new toy. (y)

Consort would be at the top of my list if I was buying again although shame they currently only do white vans (I'm hopeless at washing so silver doesn't look so scruffy, quite so quick). I think they will be exhibiting at Peterborough so I hope to have a good look at one there and compare it to my Autotrail.

Will be good to hear what you really think of the van once you've had a few trips in it and had a chance to put it though it's paces.
When at the factory last week I saw the white vans and they look much better than I thought they would, with the simple and contemporary decal design. I think the design works and looks quite stylish in white.

One of the Autotrail vans was on our shortlist last year

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I dunno, perhaps my computer monitor is wonky, and a trip to Specsavers would help me. I'm lead that the Consort website shows spec of the van conversion as white, no apparent options for different colour?
Yes that really put me off when I looked last year, white only option.
He must have got a great deal on a job lot of white vans.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
He does only offer them in white at the moment unfortunately. A bit like when he had Vantage and only offered them in silver. You really were lucky.

AndyB57

Free Member
Dec 11, 2016
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Kite PVC
Exp
Since 2016
Ive already introduced myself here last year, but just to say we've finally got our first motorhome. It's been a long time researching, picking up loads of information on these forums. Thanks for all your collective shared experience. Just wanted to share our views about our new motorhome, in case anyone else is looking at this company.

We spent about 3 years looking, and many NEC shows, before buying our first motorhome. Keen to avoid the pitfalls, we did our research. Finally deciding on a Vantage Neo van conversion, a quality product, from the company founded by Scot Naylor, and which he sold in 2016. However, we balked at the price.

We were going to proceed, as the Vantage is a great quality product, but someone on this forum told me about Scot’s new company, Consort Motorhomes. We went to see him last July. It was clear from the outset that Consort have significantly raised the game, again, in design, quality, and customer service. All for a more reasonable price. Straight away, we ordered our Consort Oslo. It was a no brainer. Consort have been brilliant to deal with from the very beginning, until delivery of our new van last week. We now look forward to many years travelling in this fantastic motorhome.

If you’re in the market for this type of motorhome, you’d be hard pressed to find a better product and company to deal with.

View attachment 496584View attachment 496585
Totally agree with you Graeme - we collect our new Kite model in a couple of weeks time after a 9-month wait. Like you, we have found Scot & Jane brilliant to deal with and their products are superb. I’d recommend anyone in the market for a PVC to take a serious look at Consort

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Totally agree with you Graeme - we collect our new Kite model in a couple of weeks time after a 9-month wait. Like you, we have found Scot & Jane brilliant to deal with and their products are superb. I’d recommend anyone in the market for a PVC to take a serious look at Consort
Can you get just white or are there different colours available?

AndyB57

Free Member
Dec 11, 2016
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Kite PVC
Exp
Since 2016
Can you get just white or are there different colours available?
Hi CazPaul - you now have the option of having Lanzarote Grey instead of just plain white (for a £750 surcharge) Personally I think the white vans, with the minimalist graphics, look really smart although I appreciate some people don’t like the “white van man” image.
Another option, on any van, would be to have it vinyl-wrapped and with this you’re only limited by your imagination. And budget because it’s probably not a cheap option!
Andy

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Hi CazPaul - you now have the option of having Lanzarote Grey instead of just plain white (for a £750 surcharge) Personally I think the white vans, with the minimalist graphics, look really smart although I appreciate some people don’t like the “white van man” image.
Another option, on any van, would be to have it vinyl-wrapped and with this you’re only limited by your imagination. And budget because it’s probably not a cheap option!
Andy
My old IH has just been promoted from dirty grey to Lanzarote Grey , sounds far more exotic, ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back