new computer (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi wifes computer has slowed to a crawl so I have built her a new one. ::bigsmile: amazing how cheap stuff is now, only replaced the tower unit, kept the screen, keyboard and mouse, under £200 inc. vat.

Took a couple of hours to stick all the bits together, load on an old XP copy and away it went, then spent most of the day downloading SP2, SP3 and umpteen other updates. :Doh:

Olley

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Nice one Olley, I built the computers that the kids use, I don't think it was cheaper initially but as bits get upgraded or fixed then the value is easily seen. In fact I have one PC that has had a couple of different cases, motherboards, drives and graphics card. Much like Trigger broom, its still the "same" PC:Smile:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Olley

When I first read your thread i thought of Trigger and his Broom, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hi wifes computer has slowed to a crawl so I have built her a new one. ::bigsmile: amazing how cheap stuff is now, only replaced the tower unit, kept the screen, keyboard and mouse, under £200 inc. vat.

Took a couple of hours to stick all the bits together, load on an old XP copy and away it went, then spent most of the day downloading SP2, SP3 and umpteen other updates. :Doh:

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi trigger reminds me of an incident when we where renovating the shop, we wanted to replace the stairs, not going to move them, just replace them. Building inspector said no, but said I could replaced the treads, and then in a year or so replace the stringers, :RollEyes:

They wouldn't then be new stairs which need building Reg's.

Olley

Andrew and Shirley

Free Member
Nov 1, 2008
Alfaz Del Pi Spain
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Many
We too had trouble with the building inspector.

He came round to inspect some footings but found we were out.

But he went round the back anyway, ignoring the Beware of the Dog and Danger Building Works signs, and stepped on the boards covering the trenches.

The boards clapsed and he fell in to the trench.

There were no mobile phones in those days and out dog stood guard over him for 4 hours before someone heard his shouts. Our dog was not vicious just did not like people disturbing his sleep. All he wanted was someone to play ball with him.

Sympathy - No chance - but everything had to be in order before he would pass anything!

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, I think it has been posted before but its still makes me laugh

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jSmSTpRUeLs]YouTube - Only Fools and Horses Heroes and Villians Triggers broom[/ame]

enjoy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back