New Compact 'Battery Booster' pack (1 Viewer)

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
If you look at the cables it's obvious neither can pass this current, all they do is charge the existing battery. A really dead battery would not take a charge and would not start with one of these, I believe.

You're right - it is obvious now you've pointed it out.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I presently have a rather large battery booster pack as a back up weighing 17kg :Sad:, see: Link Removed

I was informed that a new product was launched this week, [HI]I wonder of anyone with electrical knowledge could tell me if I am better of with the new one at only 800g[/HI] :Eeek:
Link Removed

Thanks

Well, you have had the advice but bought one anyway ..

Do you believe the sales blurt or the combined knowledge and expertise of respected members with years of experience and technical know how ?

I guess only time will tell if it's any good or not.. but if it were 'mission critical'.. I'd buy the Clarke .. if you have a totally dead flat battery are you convinced it will work ? I'm not.

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Time will tell as you say, but from nonsense replies of hilly billy technical paranoia I tend to trust the sales blurb more :roflmto:

I have already stated that it is a balance between the two, its the weight that is critical in the motorhome. I'm off to the South of France for a month and just weighed the van :Eeek: It doesn't leave much room for anything else, so each kilo counts :winky:

I think at sea I would prefer the Clarke, so I have listened to what has been said and I will keep that on the boat where that weight comparison wise is really irrelevant :winky: I will still take the 400 with me because I can, you can never have too much safety at sea :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Time will tell as you say, but from nonsense replies of hilly billy technical paranoia I tend to trust the sales blurb more :roflmto:

You absolutely within your rights to have an opinion on the product and put forward an objective and constructive argument .. but it is bad manners and against forum rules and etiquette to comment on a posters knowledge or his abilities.. it doesn't strengthen your case or endear you to others..

I am well qualified to judge the product on it's specs.. and I agree with the hilly billy technical paranoia.. :winky:

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
You know what, I am fed up of reading in the newspapers every day about laptop fires, same as all the petrol stations that have exploded in the last few years with people using their mobile phones :ROFLMAO:

I guess there is one born every day :RollEyes:

I think talking about gas and carbon monoxide in motorhomes deserves more than fantasy fires from dodgy kit. Kipor generators are another dodgy subject, they are a copy of Honda with cheaper materials used, before anyone ha a go, I have one but understand the risks, its all about compromise.

Time to harvest some more cotton wool, seems the new generation and a few of the old will be needing shed loads of it :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back