Aug 6, 2012
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS ADVANTAGE T6511
Exp
Since 2012
Hi everyone,

I am a new member of this website forum. I do not own a motor home yet but I thought this was the best forum to find out the pros and cons of the different motor homes that are available for sale in the country before I purchase one and my wife and I begin our travelling around Europe.

Cheers,

DougB

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Doug and welcome to Fun, you are wise, read as much as you can, ask any questions you want be it about the motorhome or travel in Europe, somebody usually has a answer, we also have some laughs, so you may get the odd strange answer, but its all fun. enjoy :welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Welcome to [STRIKE]the madhouse[/STRIKE],:ROFLMAO:, the fun, where in Essex?

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and welcome,we joined about a year before buying a M/H-read a lot of threads,asked questions-filtered the answers ::bigsmile: and by the time we actually bought we had a good idea what to look for and also what accessories were actually needed (rather than desired)
It'll be the best £10 you spend.

Mike.

isleofmancath

Free Member
Aug 7, 2012
isle of man
Funster No
MH
kontiki swift
Exp

:Smile: good evening everyone just bought our camper 6 months ago have 2 kids and a boit nervous about wild camping any tips for me new to forums and dont know how they work either im a bit useless really sorry :(

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
:Smile: good evening everyone just bought our camper 6 months ago have 2 kids and a boit nervous about wild camping any tips for me new to forums and dont know how they work either im a bit useless really sorry :(

It a friendly Forum with lots of information from experienced motorhomers....with years of valuable information ..with a bit of banter thrown in:winky::winky: if you have a problem just ask your question...and get a reply......simple as that....or you may have the answer to somebody's else's question ....... some may take the Pee Pee:winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but at the end of the day everybody try and will help you:thumb:

OP
OP
dbailey2

dbailey2

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2012
New motorhome owner

Hi everyone,

First of all, a big thank you for all your welcome messages in reply to my first post as a newbee. Since that date my wife and I have visited many dealers to view both new and used motorhomes. We were very surprised at the many different layouts that were available and there was quite a wide spread in the quality of the fixtures and fittings.
In the end we decided to stop travelling around the country to visit dealers and instead visit the NEC show in October where all the manufacturers would be in one place.
However, a used motorhome advert caught our eye and we could not resist having a look and after a two hour viewing we are now the proud owners of a low profile Dethleffs Advantage T6511.
We are due to collect the vehicle in about two weeks and having never owned or driven a motorhome before, I find the thought of it exciting but very daunting.
The vehicle is 6.98m long and 2.33 wide and is fitted with two reversing cameras and I was wondering if any club members had any tips or advice to give me which may help me when it comes to driving what seems to me a large vehicle.

Thanks,

DougB

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
any tips for me new to forums and dont know how they work either im a bit useless really sorry :(

Well, no-one will mind but you have just hijacked someone else's thread. What you need to do click on the MotorhomeFUN banner, this gets you to the "home" screen ( or click HOME ).

Now look down the right hand side for "INTRODUCE YOURSELF", this takes you to the Introduce Yourself Forum. Now look at the top and click "NEW THREAD".

Now you can start your very own thread.

Do the same with USHAPED LOUNGE to create a new thread on general chat or look for a forum that suits what you want to ask/say.

You'd ask for tips on Wild Camping in the UK TOURING or CONTINENTAL TOURING or MOTORHOME CHAT.

For sure, wild camping is a black art, it is not easy. Some are never happy with it ( me ) some think it's the only way.

Anyway, set up your own thread and you'll get loads of advice.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Hi everyone,

The vehicle is 6.98m long and 2.33 wide and is fitted with two reversing cameras and [HI]
I was wondering if any club members had any tips or advice to give me which may help me when it comes to driving what seems to me a large vehicle.

[/HI]Thanks,

DougB

Do what the rest of us do, keep the pedal to the metal, install Airhorns (of the Alpine variety) Close your eyes in tight situation, AND keep the Rosery beads handy:thumb::thumb:

Oh! and Welcome:thumb::hug::lips:

OP
OP
dbailey2

dbailey2

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2012

Welcome to [STRIKE]the madhouse[/STRIKE],:ROFLMAO:, the fun, where in Essex?

Hi Ray & Geri,

Sorry for not replying sooner, I am still learning how to navigate around the site. Mary my wife and I live in Wyatts Green near Brentwood.

cheers

DougB

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I found the thought of driving ours daunting at first but it is really easy.

You need to use your side mirrors more than you might in a car and just take everything a little bit slower.

Nothing to fret about:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back