New Chinese satnav owners, is the .ftr file missing? (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've read elsewhere that somebody is having trouble avoiding low bridges because the United_Kingdom_2014.Q4_150302.ftr file is missing from his map set.

That file is not in the current set offered for download by Pnavi but the person in question reckons that he had no .ftr file on his unit from new.

When I found out, last June, that the file wasn't in the current set I emailed Pnavi and was told (correctly) that the previous United_Kingdom_83_HERE_2014.Q3_141213_(TI).ftr file would work OK with the 150302 set so I would expect them to be installing it on new units in the absence of a newer one.

I would suggest that anyone who has bought a Chinese Sat Nav in the last six months checks that they have a .ftr file of some description as, otherwise, the large vehicle features which we all bought the units for will not work correctly.

If it does turn out to be missing I would suggest complaining to the vendor. However, I have loaded the 141213 file to the Resource section so it should be able to be downloaded for use.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back