New chinese Diesel heater now coming with water heater... (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
HandyAndy
Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
I was looking on alibaba and this popped up haha. Trumas D6 in no name format for less than a grand...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
HandyAndy
Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
you still need a plate to plate heat exchanger or a calorifier and a pump trying to run it as a direct water heater it will scale in weeks
why does a water heater that's in all vans either electric or gas not scale in weeks?
you still need a plate to plate heat exchanger or a calorifier and a pump trying to run it as a direct water heater it will scale in weeks
Pump is already included
I'd probably put that loop under the floor as well though, warm floor as well as blown heating.. TOASTY

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
What sort of noise does it make, me and my son both have the diesel heaters that came with the ambulances and they make too much noise for sites.

OP
OP
HandyAndy
Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
What sort of noise does it make, me and my son both have the diesel heaters that came with the ambulances and they make too much noise for sites.
Watch the video ? :unsure:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Think the water section is only really suitable for heating up your vehicle's engine via its cooling system, definitely not a hot water on demand device ?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Here's a test of the Chinese jobby heating water.
It does not have a sparkling performance plus a big downside is that to heat water in the summer, you have to have the blown air side of the unit blasting out heat when you don't need it.

DIY campervan

Free Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hull
Funster No
MH
Sprinter conversion
Exp
2020 newbie
Hay guys, I've just bought that exact heater off the guy who reviewed it! David McLuckie. I’m going to build my own storage tank with a 230v 1,000 w electric heating element, plus 12v 300w heating element running off a dedicated solar panel for retaining heat and the deirddl heater will be plumbed in as off grid back up. My initial thought was to literally pump the tank water through the heat exchanger direct but having just seen the rust in the inlet and outlet pipes i thing i may have to pass the water through a coil and have radiator rust inhibitor solution in that system. To me what i can see in the instruction manual is its meant to be plumbed into your vehicle cooling system and used as a pre heater. David McLuckies channel spends a lot of time trying to make camping showers out of old webasto diesel engine pre heaters. My quest is to finish the job off and integrate it into my cheapo self build sprinter camper van. I’ll have video in a few months to show it fitted and working. Im sceptical any Chinese deisel heaters are any good but but i got it off him half price so its a disposable product if i cant make a Frankenstein style hot water system for my van!! Stay tuned!

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
RRP £175 Propex 10L water heaters run off low wattage 240V electricity, easily obtained with solar and an inverter. Easy to fit water heater.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I worked from home doing an on call system for my last decade of service & the ambulance was parked outside my bedroom window, it snow's a lot where I live, so the heater was often left on, the noise was horrendous.
The mechanics rigged up a system to silence the Eberspacher which if memory serves me right added suspension to the heater mountings, it was also the only wagon to have an exhaust on the heater & what a difference, couldn't hear it in the house at all.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I agree they can be noisy if left on overnight. Some one two vans down from us left there heater running all night. The site owners were not impressed by the complaints. Obviously not all owners know about fitting a silencer.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Looks like it will be a great addition to van builders and those that don't want to splash out on the likes of a Truma-D6 at £2500..
This will set you back, including £28 import duty if they catch you......

£305... :xsurprised::cool::cool:

A mate bought one way back they were on eBay for around £90.
Installed on his boat.
Suitable to heat the Vans engine water system but not suitable as an aux water system shower ect .
Hot air not bad ,but compared to erbaspacher D3L not good .

DIY campervan

Free Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hull
Funster No
MH
Sprinter conversion
Exp
2020 newbie
Looks like it will be a great addition to van builders and those that don't want to splash out on the likes of a Truma-D6 at £2500..

Hay guys, I've just bought that exact heater off the guy who reviewed it! David McLuckie. I’m going to build my own storage tank with a 230v 1,000 w electric heating element, plus 12v 300w heating element running off a dedicated solar panel for retaining heat and the deirddl heater will be plumbed in as off grid back up. My initial thought was to literally pump the tank water through the heat exchanger direct but having just seen the rust in the inlet and outlet pipes i thing i may have to pass the water through a coil and have radiator rust inhibitor solution in that system. To me what i can see in the instruction manual is its meant to be plumbed into your vehicle cooling system and used as a pre heater. David McLuckies channel spends a lot of time trying to make camping showers out of old webasto diesel engine pre heaters. My quest is to finish the job off and integrate it into my cheapo self build sprinter camper van. I’ll have video in a few months to show it fitted and working. Im sceptical any Chinese deisel heaters are any good but but i got it off him half price so its a disposable product if i cant make a Frankenstein style hot water system for my van!! Stay tuned!

Check out my vid and see how I'm going to overcome the problems attached to this controversial heater. David McLuckie reviewed it, but I'm going to fit it.
Cheers Karl.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Just a thought do they do a petrol version .

DIY campervan

Free Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hull
Funster No
MH
Sprinter conversion
Exp
2020 newbie
Not that im aware of but you get an auxiliary tank so that shouldnt be an issue.

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Check out my vid and see how I'm going to overcome the problems attached to this controversial heater. David McLuckie reviewed it, but I'm going to fit it.
Cheers Karl.

I really, really hate videos like this that leave you searching for the conclusion. He does not explain anything.

Suggest everone clicks 'ignore' on this guy.

DIY campervan

Free Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hull
Funster No
MH
Sprinter conversion
Exp
2020 newbie
I really, really hate videos like this that leave you searching for the conclusion. He does not explain anything.

Suggest everone clicks 'ignore' on this guy.
I did consider not posting this on here, its just a quick 3 min vid to gather interest and open potential dialog as to how someone else would set it up but its not being received in an enthusiastic way so i will try and take this down and soon post a serious vid showing people how i intend to set it up. I dont advocate ignoring me, thats just spiteful. Good job i have a thick skin and can laugh negative comments off.

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Water is a precious resource, hot water even more so especially when mobile.
The only down side to a CDH { Chinese Diesel Heater } is you have to have the heating on as well to produce hot water.
I've worked away a lot in the past and a water supply, heating and hot water at the end of the day is the best thing in the world.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
A friend of mine is a senior manager with Eberspacher UK. He tells me,not surprisingly, that these blatant copies are made DOWN to a price,and when they break down -very short MTBF- people come to him for spares! He is happy to refuse...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back