new cheap way by 3 for roaming (1 Viewer)

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years

Get a free pay as you go sim from
Three* website – it'll work in any unlocked 3G or 4G phone, and using it in the UK costs 3p per minute for calls, 2p per text and 1p per MB. You can also buy one in store – it normally costs £1, but the fee's waived if you top up at the same time. You will need to top up with a minimum of £10.

• Step 2: To use Feel At Home, you'll then need to use your credit to buy a Three add-on bundle of calls, texts and data. They cost from £5 to £25 – as an example, £20 will get you 300 minutes, 3,000 texts and 12GB of data. To do this, log into your My 3 account, or call 333 using your new Sim.
  • Step 3. Your Sim should already be activated for international roaming, so Feel At Home will work automatically when you arrive in any of the countries covered. You'll be able to use the allowance in your add-on the same way as in the UK.
To do this you might have to unlock your phone though – as some networks can take up to 10 days to do this make sure you leave plenty of time.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The Three Feel at Home service is quite good for calls, but proven not to be so good for data. More providers are bringing similar services online before they are forced to by law next June when roaming charges will be abolished.

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
but proven not to be so good for data
on martins money letter, he says the problem with the data side, is with people who are on contract and already 3 users. Restrictions etc.
Hence he is advising a pay as you go sim by 3. For £20 you get a good deal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Data speed is definitely throttled in France and Spain on PAYG sims through Feel at Home.

Servive is widely available and OK for general web browsing, if a little slow, and emails etc. but any form of streaming will not run.

This is from personal experience with different 3 Feel at Home service providers in different areas in France and Spain

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
For data get a 3 data sim in a £30 dongle and use it for all your devices, 321 will not tether, as , as been said ok for phone but not much use at data

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I'm in Sweden, using a UK purchased 12GB/12M PAYG SIM. Where I am at the moment, the roaming partner is showing up as SWE, although I have seen others on our travels, including 3 Sweden. I'm using a Huawei E5377s-32 mifi with a roof mounted 4G compatible antenna.

At the moment, I'm getting speeds good enough for simultaneous VoIP calls & remote access to UK based computers. The people I'm talking to have no idea that I'm not sitting in my UK office. :)

As far as immediate connection quality goes (i.e. from me to the nearest mast), I have 5/5 bars of 3G data. Not seen 4G anywhere yet since arriving in Sweden, but we have mostly been in semi-rural areas. Currently in the small town of Borensberg on a campervan only stopover place on the bank of the Gota Canal. And very lovely it is too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back