New Chausson Chausson X550 (1 Viewer)

ThinkingAbout

Free Member
Jul 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Looking
Looking forward to hearing how you find it, haven’t heard from anyone yet who’s picked it up.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Bit of an update here. I went to the NEC today, this was one van I wanted to see - but it wasn't on the Chausson stand. Got chatting to one of the staff, apparently Chausson have switched away from Fiat completely for next year because they were having so many problems with deliveries, in terms of both timeliness and with the spec of delivered vehicles being wrong. The vans on display were all on Ford base if I remember correctly.

The X550 has sold well but has been dropped for next year as it wasn't easy to re-engineer onto the Ford base - which is a shame, as the drop down bed left a lot of internal space for daytime living, in a van that was no wider than a PVC and was only 6m long - whilst still ensuring a decent size bed, and one that could be left made up.

But - possibly better news if it comes off - there has been talk of an X560 apparently, same layout but longer so it gets a proper garage! It also looks like the message had got through on some of the other X550 flaws, such as the daft lack of a window on one side of the lounge area. If that materialises that could be even better.

It was noticeable throughout the show that Fiat's dominance as a base vehicle seems to be slipping a bit- quite a few Ford, Mercs, and VW Crafter / MAN TGE (same van).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

robbielot

Free Member
Jan 28, 2023
Funster No
MH
Chausson X550
Hi. I’m new to the forum but arrived here due to picking up our Chausson X550 just a month ago. We love the van and my only issue is with the operation of the internal table which rises and drops on a switch. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t and I finally realised that when the van is cold ( 0 degrees C to maybe 5 degrees C ) the table doesn’t work. With the diesel heater on for 20 minutes and an ambient temperature of around 18 C, then everything is fine. Am I right in assuming the table operates hydraulically and could it therefore be possible to get this sorted by putting in a thinner hydraulic fluid with a viscosity not as temperature sensitive or maybe a higher amperage pump to drive the fluid ? Anyone else experienced this problem on a Chausson table ?

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Hi. I’m new to the forum but arrived here due to picking up our Chausson X550 just a month ago. We love the van and my only issue is with the operation of the internal table which rises and drops on a switch. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t and I finally realised that when the van is cold ( 0 degrees C to maybe 5 degrees C ) the table doesn’t work. With the diesel heater on for 20 minutes and an ambient temperature of around 18 C, then everything is fine. Am I right in assuming the table operates hydraulically and could it therefore be possible to get this sorted by putting in a thinner hydraulic fluid with a viscosity not as temperature sensitive or maybe a higher amperage pump to drive the fluid ? Anyone else experienced this problem on a Chausson table ?

Ours is an older Chausson but has an electric table. Our table works with an electric motor turning a cog which engages with a toothed rack. It also has an electronic circuit which detects end of travel.

I'd be very, very, very surprised if newer vans were using hydraulics !!!!

If your van is new or still in warranty take it back to the dealers and ask them to swap out the electronic circuit. All electronics should certainly work within the temp. range of -10 to +40c

Apojapo

Free Member
May 29, 2023
Funster No
MH
VW GC600, X550
I was wondering if it's possible to fit a window. They must have left out the window for stability/strength purposes you might assume. If not, I would be happy to upgrade.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I was wondering if it's possible to fit a window. They must have left out the window for stability/strength purposes you might assume. If not, I would be happy to upgrade.
I presume you mean next to the door? Windows aren't cheap, so it was possibly a cost cutting measure? I don't think strength is an issue in the middle of a panel. It's the edges that deal with most of the stress. A window might clash with the opening door, so that might be the only reason?

May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
As some of you wanting to buy a new Chausson X550 will know, it was taken off the market due to the supply problems with the Ducato. The X550 is now back on sale for 2024 and now has a bigger brother, the X650. It will be slightly longer at 6.36m with a side shower room and an electrically height adjustable wardrobe at the back. Bigger/smaller garage or bigger/smaller wardrobe at the push of a switch! The X650 should be about £3,000.- more than the X550.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
As some of you wanting to buy a new Chausson X550 will know, it was taken off the market due to the supply problems with the Ducato. The X550 is now back on sale for 2024 and now has a bigger brother, the X650. It will be slightly longer at 6.36m with a side shower room and an electrically height adjustable wardrobe at the back. Bigger/smaller garage or bigger/smaller wardrobe at the push of a switch! The X650 should be about £3,000.- more than the X550.
How can you do that all the I formation and no link to.pics :crying:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I can open a new thread but all the information is in French or German. If that doesn't bother you I'll do it.
Only want pics please

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back