New Chausson Best Of 510 Microwave ? (1 Viewer)

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Had a chausson welcome suit 2010 so so many problems on it that after 3 weeks the dealer agreed to fix or refund and find something else,no contest really ha !
Decided on a new Chausson best of 510,
Everything we needed except it comes with what they call a (Cooker / Grill ) ok it's a grill isn't it , I have a toaster which does it for me,
Has anyone got a 510 and removed the said (cooker) sorry (grill) and fitted a combi microwave oven in its place or is microwave going to be relegated to the small garage section at the rear of van .
We have microwave already and size wise it would fit in oven grill space but maybes heat/steam maybe a problem ?
Picking up van in 3 weeks so unable @ moment to check feasibility of this mod but one of you 510 owners may already have done this ( no harm in asking)
Take care you lot alonso

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Nobody done cooker microwave change over then I guess,
Ok has anyone used the Cooker/ grill thing ? Is it for doing burgers , toast or would it warm up a steak pie etc
Ta

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
We used to have a caravan with microwave etc et. Now have the oven grill in our Hobby motorhome,we thought about changing it but decided that you must have electric hook up to use it and so far we are fine.
We do have a remoska and have brought with us a single induction hob ( that lives in the garage) so far all working ok.
Also a combi takes a lot of power and here in Spain we could not have used it at all. We tripped the electric out with our neighbours yesterday as it is only 5 amps each.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
The oven grill thing is just that a small gas oven in our van, cooks and reheats fine.
LC

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I have just fitted a variable power Microwave cooker to my new van. Only really any use with EHU unless you have a sizable Battery bank and a large inverter.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have a grill but very slow so mostly gets used as a bread cupboard!

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Had a chausson welcome suit 2010 so so many problems on it that after 3 weeks the dealer agreed to fix or refund and find something else,no contest really ha !
Decided on a new Chausson best of 510,
Everything we needed except it comes with what they call a (Cooker / Grill ) ok it's a grill isn't it , I have a toaster which does it for me,
Has anyone got a 510 and removed the said (cooker) sorry (grill) and fitted a combi microwave oven in its place or is microwave going to be relegated to the small garage section at the rear of van .
We have microwave already and size wise it would fit in oven grill space but maybes heat/steam maybe a problem ?
Picking up van in 3 weeks so unable @ moment to check feasibility of this mod but one of you 510 owners may already have done this ( no harm in asking)
Take care you lot alonso
Hi Alonso,
Fitted a Panasonic NN-K181MM combi micro & grill to ours and tapped into the fridge 240volt to power it on hook up only. A slight alteration of the shelf above is required.
Regards,
Lee.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
My current van has one of those silly 'warming' ovens (just a grill IMO) and it is used purely for storage. The van also has a fitted microwave which, to my surprise, I use a lot. Having said that I am normally on hook up, but if not it is another storage area.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We changed the silly grill in our Welcome WS to a combined microwave grill. There was already a vent to the outside behind the grill so no problems with heat / steam.

Yes you do need EHU for the microwave. Everyone is different as to how they use their home from home so just consider of you will be fully off grid most of the time or not before you get rid of the grill.

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Microwave mod now well under way now, the cop out plan was to put micro in bathroom cupboard (what's that all about silly idea) so back on track the silly Grill has to go & modify the enclosure to take said microwave,it's coming on well !
Also removed top shelf that was above the now removed Grill as it sat about 25 mm above top of m/wave vents which according to m/wave manual should be a space of 12" so plenty of room now , also made up little Upvc plates to capture front m/wave feet to stop possible m/ wave sliding about if have to stop vehicle quickly as I don't want to end up wearing it cus it's a bit of a lump !
Refitted shelf again after cutting a big centre section out thus keeping integrity of the cupboard/unit,

This is a picture of the rear of the unit (hope pic works not done image on here before) a new van & rear of cupboard is partly made up of an old panel ? Who fitted this on my new van ?,that has to go ( shocking) it's nothing to do with me or my mod !
Tried to do pic it didn't work

Off out today to try and source s/steel strip 30 mm wide to make trim for front of unit
Question re Leeboy may 24th , you say you tapped into fridge supply 240v ,
Where precisely did you tap in to this supply ? And have you actually got a Chausson 510

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Pic trying again seems to have worked showing rear of unit ( it came like this) they must have ran out of the correct bit and fitted this perhaps/ remember it's a brand new van ,ime trying to get hold of Chausson to see what this is all about hopefully they will throw some light on it ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We had our grill removed from our best of 510 2014 recently. We got the dealer to do it as we were unsure how to. They made a very neat job and the surrounding was done in wood to match the existing wood. Not a cheap job but the grill was a waste of space. I wish they offered a choice when buying. Of course the grill is carefully wrapped up and heading for the loft along with carpets, curtains and that odd cushion (not sure where that was meant to go).

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
The carpet ha , ours fitted either one end or the other but not neccessarily at the same time absolutely awful , ended up tried 3 at dealers all bad fit,
Made my own paid to have it bound job done !

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I know the worst carpet and quite dangerous as it slipped around all over the place ! We now use a selection of different sized mats all matching. No slippage, machine washable or a quick shake out side.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back