New Burstener no alarm system (1 Viewer)

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Just discussing potentially purchasing a new Burstner with Comfort Insurance and been told the van must have either a Thatcham cat 1 alarm or a tracker due to the value. Checked with Burstner dealer and told sorry your potential very expensive van only has an immobiliser - no factory fitted alarm!

Any thoughts on this please?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
There never is an alarm unless you specifically order one when van new, I’m surprised Burstner don’t do one as Hymer do but it’s not Thatcham approved being German.
Give Vanbitz a call their alarm is excellent I’m sure @eddievanbitz will give you some info.(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I'm guessing your van must be pretty new. I'm with comfort and no alarm registered with them although we do have one.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think its normal some expensive vans also come without radios etc "so you can have the benefit of choosing your own"!!!!!

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Never known any Motorhome to come with an alarm. The base chassis be it Ford, Fiat, Iveco have an immobiliser but that’s your lot I’m afraid,

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
All the German makers, including Burstner, offer an alarm as an extra in the UK market. But it is no good for you because your insurer will require a Thatcham approved system fitted by Thatcham approved installers. Thatcham is a UK based organisation (owned by the UK car insurance industry) and German alarm systems and installers are not approved.

As others have said, go for the Vanbitz alarm, which is specifically designed for motorhomes and is Thatcham approved.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As above "standard procedure" Never known any new van to come with an alarm, always an add on once bought..
I asked the question once about buying a new van and having alarm fitted later, Comfort (i think) said no problem as long as it was fitted with 14 days of purchase and i had a pre-booked appointment.. That way at least you could choose a local or installer of your choice and not be limited to one "recommended" by the dealer.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Any thoughts on this please?

Every van of mine for the last 20+ years has been fitted with a VanBitz alarm. I would not have a van without one (y) . Have a read Here

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back