Free Member
May 9, 2021
Thundersley, Essex
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
4 Years
Good morning to you all. I am new to the forum having been a Motorhome for several years. During this time we have owned two Motorhomes, a Bailey Autograph and currently an Autosleeper Corinium Duo. Due to my advancing years and wishing my wife to be able to drive independent of myself, we have decided to downsize in length and slim down a bit. We have also decided to incorporate automatic transmission into the equation. After much deliberation we have decided to go with an Adria Compact DL Supreme and have initiated the purchase process, but have until tomorrow to finalise the specification. I would be grateful if any members of the forum could advise on one of the extras that we are considering:
1. Adria Mach - The information is quite skimpy on marketing material about the advantage of having it for MiFi purposes, other than stating it enables you to have a WiFi Office. The other qualities of having control of the Lights, Fridge, Heating etc remotely doesn’t interest us, it is only the WiFi application that we are considering is worth the £700 cost

We require WiFi in the Motorhome for general internet access, but most important for using iPads for watching TV and sometimes downloading programmes for viewing later. I have an unlimited data sim, and my quandary is: If Adria Mach is good for this purpose, I would add it to the order. If not, I will purchase one of the many MiFi devices on the market out of my £700 saving.

I would be grateful if any member could advise from their experience
Thank you

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Welcome! I can’t help with your Adria question, but there are many here who can.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
:WelcomeFlag:

I just use my mobile phone to tether my laptop to the internet if there is no free wifi available. You can buy an awful lot of internet time for £700. I think you need to consider why you would want it if you are not interested in controlling bits of the van with it (or maybe there is an app that would do the same on your existing device anyway). If you already have an internet connected phone that you can tether why would you need anything else? Mind I am not the most tech savvy person here - I like things simple.

Pippa Perfect

Free Member
May 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
05 burstner A 748-2
Puddle duck is correct.. its only if you use more than your contracted "tether' allowance that a seperate device is handy. We use the one we sell BUT i'd say 95% of MH users in UK wouldn't need one.. Going over the water will make a difference, even the unlimited sims in UK have a Roaming tether limit of 20-30Gb depending on company, and 30Gb today is not much with todays tech eating it up.. Range is always something else to consider with just phone if your going to remote places. An external antenna is aa god send then.

OP
OP
davidk9356

davidk9356

Free Member
May 9, 2021
Thundersley, Essex
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
4 Years
I think I will shy away from the Adria Mach gizmo and get an independent MiFi router & antenna installed to ensure some form of continuity of internet connection. I will take Puddleducks advice and tether my iPhone with my iPad during the interim period. I thank you all for your assistance, by offering your much appreciated advice to a novice Motorhomer.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we used to use a mifi but now its just hotspot from phone . for tv we used a firestick. generally data is cheapest on your phone contract

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Ciren! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Arendal

Free Member
Jul 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria compact suprem
Welcome 😀 i am new here, com from south og Norway.
I use the cellphone to share internett...
And all is connected.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back