New Bits for Woody .. post won't open ? (1 Viewer)

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi Keith
Sorry to hear about your problems with Travelworld
I seem to remember you saying that during the refitting of the heater plugs that they had broken one off in the head and that the head needed to be removed to extract the broken piece maybe thats what they refer to as a rebuild
However regarding the brakes problem I would be concerned that if the problem with " binding " has be happening for some time I think an inspection of all the brake linigs/pads and drums/discs should be done to check for excessive wear and heat cracking

Just something to bear in mind mate[/quote]

Hi Tony
I guess that you may be right mate, removal and refitting a cylinder head doesn't constitute an "engine rebuild" in my book though, obviously just another communication problem ??
Regarding the brakes, this is what is of grave concern to me. We agreed to pay a considerable amount of money to Travelworld so that they could carry out a full chassis service (this is in addition to the PDI that was due to be carried out on the coach) and the faulty brakes managed to get through both checks????????? One has to seriously doubt that a service was in fact carried out, and the leak from the radiator bottom hose kind of points toward my claim as well. On the first day we collected Woody, we drove it home and then we attended the meet at Hollyfast. When we got there, Geo asked what the water was that was piddling out of the back of our new (to us) coach..... It turned out to be leaking from the bottom radiator hose where the jubilee clip secures it onto the rad? I had commented then to Geo and others about how appallingly slow it was to drive, how the test drive didn't show this up amazes me, after all, Travelworld are one of the biggest USRV dealers in the UK and I would have thought that their technicians would be able to to realise that something was wrong.
Anyway, enough from me, I am now awaiting some form of response from Travelworld to see where we go from here and I do not want to jeopardise my position.
Thanks all for your concerns, I will let you all know the outcome.

Keith

Can you see that Jim, seems to open here. Press the refresh button four or five times rapidly to see if your cache is stuck

Hope you are enjoying the sun

stew

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Hi Jim

No idea why it would make a difference but log out and see if it will open as a guest. Then log in again, maybe that will refresh it for you. I assume you are on a wireless network. If it is possible will the site chappie switch his router off, leave for a few minutes and then switch back on to flush the router.

stew

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It opens for me jim, but Papa Smurf has said he had a problem with that post. Does anyone else have a problem with it?

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
No problems opening the post here.

Perhaps your subscription has run out Jim :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Hi

Maybe Travelworld have discovered how to stop it opening outside of The Uk :roflmto::roflmto: - bad publicity and all that

stew

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Opens ok for me aswell :RollEyes:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Try it now Jim, I have just moved the thread to another forum, it might make a difference.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have copied the original to Tech Mech and placed a copy in ARV see if you can open these Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Spooky:Smile: I will put a shout in at VB help, and see if they have seen this before.

Thanks for your patience:Cool:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I can open the original ok but your copy post says

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the Link Removed
Geo

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry Geo, I deleted the copy post already. As soon as I found that Jim couldn't see that either.

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
I KNEW it wasn't just me. Phew

I PM'd jim with a screenshot so he can see exactly what we get SJL.

Papa

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks Jim, its weird that it is just that one post, I have looked hard at the post, it seems there are no external links in it that might stop it loading, if it was just you I would definitely say it was local, but Papa has the same problem.

Have you tried accessing the post with a different PC and or Browser?

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Jim,

As forum headers fail to load on page, the problem is going to be external to the content of any post in the thread. i.e. the issue is in code common to all forum pages... not likely to be embedded in just this one.

Have tried opening page on PDA using mobile IE browser - nope :cry: page still refused to load after 3 minutes. Other pages loaded ok

"The page ypu are looking for cannont be found due to unknown error 0x80072f78". This seems to be a generic error message which occurs all over the place, from firewall settings (changed anything your end, cause I haven't) to server implementation issues, to proxy servers. (refer You experience problems when you access the Windows Update Version 5 or Version 6 Web site through a server that is running ISA Server )

I don't use Proxy server, and my firewall is stable and has been since it was implemented.

Have you updated NET framework very recently? Link Removed

Does the %SYSTEMROOT%\Windowsupdate.log show any details?

HTH

Papa

Last edited:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
HI

Is there anything common to Jim and Papa Smurf, are they both using Macs, same Virus checker, firewall etc

stew

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Papa, I have posted the issue to support. We haven't changed anything, and we don,t let windows any where near our server, its all linux. I will get back to you the minute I learn anything.

thanks

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Unlikely,but you never know.....

Windows XP, Windows VISTA x64, Windows WM5 op systems
AVAST virus checker on XP and VISTA systems

SPYbot,Windows Defender, Spywareblaster, windows livecare as pro-active defense programs on XP and VISTA systems

ISP connections via Orange (livebox) and Three (mobile broadband thru ZTE modem on XP and VISTA systems)

Isp connection on PDA = Orange

None of them show the thread - all was okay yesterday, or Friday at least when last looked at that particular thread.

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Likewise.

Now all that's missing is the reason (I'm nosey)........::bigsmile:

Kudos Jim.. Thanks.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I dont know if you noticed but I installed a new hack yesterday that allows us to see youtubes directly on the page. I just disabled it and now you and Jim can access the thread. My task now is to find out why the hack, which I would like to keep installed, would stop a single thread from opening. spooky or what?

I will keep that hack disabled until i find out why.

Thanks for your patience

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back