New Benimar - any hints or tips (2 Viewers)

Bobsky

Free Member
Oct 20, 2016
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 201
Exp
Since 2005
We are due to pick up our Benimar Mileo 201 from Marquis Northampton in April next year. We have never had any dealings with either Benimar or Marquis before. Does anyone have any tips, advice or observations that might help.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Hi Bobsky & welcome
We got our new 201 in September
So far we have bought
A silver screens windscreen cover
Motorhome alarm, Growler from van blitz
Here is a checklist that might help when you pick yours up.
A lot of it you can skip if buying new.
http://changingears.com/rv-checklist-inspection.shtml
It's really for secondhand Motorhomes.
We have had a couple of teething problems which are ongoing, trying to get Marquis to sort under warranty.

Last edited:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
We have a 202. Of the few warranty issues we've had, Benimar/ Marquis has dealt with them, eventually. Geography seems to be a problem; It takes time to get parts from Spain. Luckily, our issues haven't disabled the van and we've been able to use it whilst waiting for repairs. It's worth knowing that Benimar are closed for all of August, if you need any replacement bits.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, excellent time to join the forum, gives you plenty of time to reaserch information, and take advantage of fun discounts for alarms etc. To get full advantage from the forum it's best to become a full member £15 a year that way you have as many posts as you want and access to the whole forum.

:welcomesign:

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
In our experience the factory (on the Eastern coast of Spain) has been first class is offering help and advice when we had an electrical problem on our year 2000 Benimar last year.
We were very impressed with the lengths they went to in order to help resolve the issue, especially when our MH is over 16 years old now.

(We also met a chap who used to work at the factory and recognised via our actual Benimar body number as one he'd actually helped to construct back in year 2000).

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Get to know your service center guys and gals, it makes a difference when you show up and they recognise you, also when you go to see them take a pack of biscuits, Tewksbury always offer a hot drink so try to share back.
I have had a few minor issues all resolved very quickly, including two replacement parts from Spain.

Jun 25, 2016
Ynys Môn, UK
Funster No
MH
2016 Benimar 243
Exp
Since 2016
Just had our first problem, in Cornwall for a few days, habitation door became increasingly difficult to shut, until impossible to shut from the inside, on our way back north short detour to Plymouth branch, they fixed it straight away with no prior warning

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Just had our first problem, in Cornwall for a few days, habitation door became increasingly difficult to shut, until impossible to shut from the inside, on our way back north short detour to Plymouth branch, they fixed it straight away with no prior warning
We had the same issue, the latch was replaced took Marquis a couple of weeks to get new latch

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Brand new Benimar latch doesnt work hummmmph
Whilst I was at Marquis preston on Tuesday killing time while my van was having its first habitation check I noticed one of the brand new Benimar s on the lot had the hab door gaffa taped up with a broken door handle ,that is not great on a new van :sneaky:

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Hi Howard, vans in for repair, lets see how they do. was mooching around the other vans at the dealers and saw a Bailey autograph, closed the door and it just clicked into place easy. bah

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Hi Howard, vans in for repair, lets see how they do. was mooching around the other vans at the dealers and saw a Bailey autograph, closed the door and it just clicked into place easy. bah
I know it's a bit sickening how all other mh doors open but now I have been shown how to do it ,it is a lot easyier . The fitter told me it's because benimar use a very thick and quality door seal believe that if you want :LOL: But even with this fault I still think it's a superb van

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
We are certainly made up with ours, its an odd layout but suits us cos I cant have any overhead beds due to being tall. We fight over whos turn it is to drive!

macscrooge

Free Member
Oct 16, 2016
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2015
Picked up our new Mileo 202 from Marquis South Yorkshire on Wednesday - it's lovely! Hopefully we'll have a chance to play with it over the weekend.

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Are there many problems with buying a new benimar in spain and registering it in the UK ie importing it and is it much cheaper if any
thanks in anticipation.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Are there many problems with buying a new benimar in spain and registering it in the UK ie importing it and is it much cheaper if any
thanks in anticipation.

Suggest you contact a few of the Spanish Benimar dealers and ask for quotes on a new one (including all registration costs and taxes).

But you might need to get yourself an NIE number (Spanish fiscal identification number, a bit like a UK National Insurance number) and a notional Spanish address in order to buy from here in Spain.

Remember also you'd by buying in Euros of course, and over the past year it takes a lot more GBP's to buy the same number of euros.....

Here's some dealer location info:

graham ward

Free Member
Aug 17, 2018
Funster No
Hi all can anyone tell me if there is any problems with the drop down bed in 483 I have been told that the when bed is down it creeks and makes noise when you're in bed and turnover in the night . Also can you get a smaller table as the table seems very big to me. Also can anyone tell me if there are any more things we should look out for.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Morning Graham and welcome to “fun” can’t help you with the bed never used it on our Benimar and I agree with you about the table one of the members on here made a smaller table and a few have taken it out altogether ,it is to large ! It’s only a few screws to remove it completely or it is on our 294 . There are some very helpful people on here so if in doubt ask (y)

graham ward

Free Member
Aug 17, 2018
Funster No
Thanks Howard yes I have been told that you can take the table out altogether and use a freestanding one.Thanks Graham .

Oct 25, 2019
Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick XL
Exp
Motorhomer since 2019. Previously 10+ years caravanner.
Hello All. A newbe here! We are collecting our new Mileo 264 next Thursday 31 October 2019 from Marquis Northants. Excited as this is our first MH.
We have been caravaners for 10+ years and are now moving over to a MH.

I'd like to know if others have done anything to get the central grey waste opening to the side using any pipes, L brackets etc. It seems this will be useful if we have a pitch with a drainage hole so we don't have to move the MH each time to empty the grey waste tank.

Any tips or tricks most welcome. F

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back