New Benimar - any hints or tips (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Hello All. A newbe here! We are collecting our new Mileo 264 next Thursday 31 October 2019 from Marquis Northants. Excited as this is our first MH.
We have been caravaners for 10+ years and are now moving over to a MH.

I'd like to know if others have done anything to get the central grey waste opening to the side using any pipes, L brackets etc. It seems this will be useful if we have a pitch with a drainage hole so we don't have to move the MH each time to empty the grey waste tank.

Any tips or tricks most welcome. F

Hello and welcome to Fun ,you have got yourself a very nice van we have the 294 ,the only “improvement “ we have done is to remove the table it’s to big in my Opinion and you will save yourself 21.5 kg in weight . Regarding the central waste pipe someone on here did pipe it to the side and a nice job they made to ,he put pictures on the forum of what he did but I can’t just find the thread he did. Happy travels ? (we also got the van up plated to 3850 kg as they are so well equipped the payload is not great might be worth looking at if not already done )

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019
Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick XL
Exp
Motorhomer since 2019. Previously 10+ years caravanner.
Thank you Howard.
We considered having it up plated but decided not to because...
1. I am 72 and C1 has been removed from my licence so 8 am limited to 3500kg
2. Thinking of resale at some point, we would limit our potential resale market to only those with C1 on their licence. F

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick XL
Exp
Regarding piping the grey waste to the side: in order to get to the outlet in the center of the MH, is there room to crawl underneath to get to this or does one have to put the MH on a ramp or over a pit I wonder? KRs Frank

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi Frank, we also have a 264 since end of July. There is a Benimar FB page which shows all the modifications people have done, including moving the waste by adding pipe. Hope you love your van as much as we do. So far we have moved the table nearer the drivers side which gives more room, fitted gaslow and Outsmart The Thief Alarm

You might want to check out the position of the bed ladder, we felt it was almost going to damage the fridge door it was so close and a terrible angle to get on it so we moved the ladder to opposite the bedroom slide door which is much better.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick XL
Exp
I’m also interested to know whether anyone has worked out a way to have a water pipe connected to the MH when on pitches with a dedicated clean water tap?
At the moment it looks like one just places a hosepipe into the orifice on the side of the MH with no connector or shut off mechanism.
KRs Frank

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Frank you have ran out of free posts so you need to subscribe to keep posting. It really is well worth the £15 for the year.

Jun 25, 2016
Ynys Môn, UK
Funster No
MH
2016 Benimar 243
Exp
Since 2016
Welcome.
Just use one of these and a hose pipe, dont need to leave it connected as the tank holds a lot of water unlike a caravan.
It’s a bit tight under the van so easier if you put it on it’s levellers, which you will need anyway, to modify the grey waste outlet. Fairly simple to do with standard plumbing supplies, I just rooted about in the shed and found all I needed.
Best place for specific advise on Benimars is the Facebook page, even if you ‘don’t do Facebook’ it’s well worth it.
03DBF907-8FEF-4D7A-9DF4-B3F92FBC98CF.jpeg

Oct 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick XL
Exp
Welcome.
Just use one of these and a hose pipe, dont need to leave it connected as the tank holds a lot of water unlike a caravan.
It’s a bit tight under the van so easier if you put it on it’s levellers, which you will need anyway, to modify the grey waste outlet. Fairly simple to do with standard plumbing supplies, I just rooted about in the shed and found all I needed.
Best place for specific advise on Benimars is the Facebook page, even if you ‘don’t do Facebook’ it’s well worth it.View attachment 341470
Many thanks Ratcatcher. Regarding the Water Inlet Filler Cap: Although you say that the hose does not need to be left on, does the overpressure valve mean that, if you do leave the hose on, it stops filling when the tank is full? KRs Frank

Jun 25, 2016
Ynys Môn, UK
Funster No
MH
2016 Benimar 243
Exp
Since 2016
Hi Frank I’ve not used the one in the link it was just an example of what you can get.
Just by the filler, and turn off the supply when it sounds like it is nearly full
Some Benimar owners have had problems with an internal overflow leaking internally when overfilling best to join the Facebook group for more details.
Cheers Ben

C54E7D12-4EA7-4CD9-8C40-DD6DAD1E414D.png

this is the one I use, just fill till it overflows then turn off.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
your obviously still in caravan mode wanting to be linked to drainage and water permanently

Oct 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick XL
Exp
Hi Frank, we also have a 264 since end of July. There is a Benimar FB page which shows all the modifications people have done, including moving the waste by adding pipe. Hope you love your van as much as we do. So far we have moved the table nearer the drivers side which gives more room, fitted gaslow and Outsmart The Thief Alarm

You might want to check out the position of the bed ladder, we felt it was almost going to damage the fridge door it was so close and a terrible angle to get on it so we moved the ladder to opposite the bedroom slide door which is much better.
Many thanks IrnBru. Picking up our MH this Thursday and excited! It's most encouraging that you are enjoying your 264.

Following your advice, I applied to join the Benimar FB group but have had no response from the adjudicator. Not sure why!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
ollowing your advice, I applied to join the Benimar FB group but have had no response from the adjudicator. Not sure why!

You should be able to post on the FB page. I saw the admin welcoming you.

Only one more sleep now, bet you are super excited. Good luck with handover. Make sure you pay attention as to where valve is to drain boiler etc. It’s an automatic dump but good to be able to drain down yourself.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Well come on then tell us how your handover went and did you sleep in it last night? :)We always do when we just get one. Has it got a name?

Oct 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick XL
Exp
Hey Irnbru. We are sitting in it right now on the CMC site at Graham Water.
The handover went great. Those guys at Marquis really it sorted in getting things ready for handover.
There is a lot to take in and we are going to pace ourselves over the next few days here a Grafham.

Off to the pub for dinner how, having cracked open the bubbly to Christen it (him/her?).
As for a name, we are debating that at the moment.
Beni is a bit obvious as does Milo.
No doubt a name will come to us, especially as we have asked the grandchildren to help come up with one.
Excited to be sleeping our first night tonight - cosy and warm!
Can’t work out how to lock the door from the inside yet?

KRs Frank

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
1. Door lock, simply push the handle in.
2. The filling gizmo shown above is good, BUT if there is a high water pressure the water will force its way past the large inspection hatch cover on top of the tank and start to flood the floor of the van before you see it coming out of the overflow.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Gary217 have popped the fuse on the bed in our 202 a few times when lifted to high. Light coloured masking tape on wall by door at right height for now. Will work something better during winter i.e. block in the channel it lifts in similar to the lower one.

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Hi all can anyone tell me if there is any problems with the drop down bed in 483 I have been told that the when bed is down it creeks and makes noise when you're in bed and turnover in the night . Also can you get a smaller table as the table seems very big to me. Also can anyone tell me if there are any more things we should look out for.
Just sold our Benimar 282. For the creaky bed tried silicone spray on the aluminium trim which works for short time, best was WD40 sprayed onto a tissue then wiped into the channel where the bed rests at night. Total cure. Also do the top and you’ll have less travel noise. You can adjust the grey stop pieces to get the bed to stop where you want it. We removed the table and got a folding camping table which went on the bed when travelling, as another post mentions it saves on quite a bit of weight.

Our main issue was weight, get it weighed ASAP so you know what you can add (or have to take out). We had to plate ours up to make it usable.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back