Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi im in the market for a couple of new leisure batteries.
was looking at getting a couple of Elecsol 110's but do they need venting externally??
or am i ok just putting them under the drivers seat in place of the single Exide G80 gel battery??

it appears that the Elecsol 110 has the same dimensions of the Exide.
i know i will have to alter the charge switch on the electroblock from the gel setting.

just don't want to go down the gel route as it seems very expensive.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
WHERE DOES THE VENTING TUBE GO?

If you look at the sides of the Elecsol battery you will notice a small breather hole at either end of the box lid. The black end of the tube should be inserted in to the hole and the tube should then be routed to an outside area.

If the battery is being used on a boat, the vent tube must inserted in to the breather hole and pointed upwards or placed flat underneath the handles of the battery, this will ensure that the battery can withstand a tilt of up to 75 degrees without leaking.

For narrow boat inspections where extra lengths of tubing are required for venting we suggest replacing the tube with water washer hose (or similar) which is available in uncut lengths from any motor factor shop.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
hi im in the market for a couple of new leisure batteries.
was looking at getting a couple of Elecsol 110's but do they need venting externally??
or am i ok just putting them under the drivers seat in place of the single Exide G80 gel battery??

it appears that the Elecsol 110 has the same dimensions of the Exide.
i know i will have to alter the charge switch on the electroblock from the gel setting.

just don't want to go down the gel route as it seems very expensive.

Save your money just buy two good make standard leisrure batteries:thumb:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back