New Bailey autograph questions (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Fill your tank by hose when you arrive and it will last a week. Move the van to water once a week if staying longer and empty grey.
Blimey it must have a huge tank. We can only last a max of 5 days if we overfill our 160lt tank to 180lt but we do like our morning showers.:D

OP
OP
Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
hi Paul and Kate, glad your enjoying your new van. what did you use to convert the external tv point to aerial in, i could have done with that last week.
Interesting. I'll be looking at this. (y)

Wyn

Here you go
First you need 2 of these
517daf17-03a3-444f-ba55-75c7b012f7c1.jpg

Screw one on the outside aerial connection. You will need to remove this each time as the flap will not close with it in place.
The second one you will screw into the TV splitter box in the wardrobe on our 75-2. You will need to unscrew the roof top aerial then screw fitting into the block.
Now unscrew TV 3 output.
So in the wardrobe you will have the roof aerial disconnected (white cable) and TV 3 out (black cable).
Now you need two of these
s-l1000.jpg

Screw one into the white roof cable and one into the black cable.
So if you want to use the roof aerial you plug the white lead into the aerial block if you are using onsite aerial at a bollard you unplug the white lead and plug in the black lead,screw the first fitting into the outside aerial connector and run an aerial extention which should be male to male connection from the bollard to the van and retune the TV.
Hope this is clear enough I will post photos of the actual setup at the weekend

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gorm-man

Free Member
Apr 9, 2018
Funster No
For those of us who live in rural parts of the UK the nearest dealer can be at mere 100 to 150 miles away. We are happy to live with that for the usual annual habitation service and engine service, however repeated returns to the dealer for warrenty issues becomes somewhat irritating. We are happy with our Bailey and will continue to enjoy using it. As I said earlier we chose it because of the space, comfort, storage and great permanent beds. Nevertheless our previous experience has been of good build and finish quality across a range of vehicles over the years with only one or two acceptable minor warenty issues to be addressed at annual habitation service times. We clearly have had a bad experience with this particular motor home, hence the reluctance to try another Bailey.
With regard to the internal locker opening problem we have used foam pads placed on the inside of the locker door where it meets the frame and this stops the locker door flexing and bouncing open when you are on bumpy roads. We also use the external Sat point with an adapter on our External Tv cable when on a site with poor tv signal for the vehicle aerial to work and the site has a TV signal booster point on the electric hook up point. It is fairly easy to work out which cable point at the amplifier unit to use as a link to the TV. On our van it is cable 3 which I disconnect from the amplifier and link with a short extension coax cable to the tv. With regard to the Whale water flat hose, yes it is slow, but has not caused us any problems as we sometimes use the internal filler point on the floor of the van when the tank is almost empty. How have people found draining the system down for winter and then trying to get it back up and running again?

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
How have people found draining the system down for winter and then trying to get it back up and running again?

I pull the red bung to empty the tank completely in the winter or returning from a trip.

I start by closing all the taps. Then opening alternatively the bathroom and kitchen taps until the pump purges air from the system - this can be a juggling act between switching between hot and cold. It takes more trouble to purge the hot because of the air in the boiler. I always put about 10% water into the system before leaving home and purge the system before leaving home (one less job to do on site). I never bother purging the shower as I do not really use it.

Last edited:

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
I pull the red bung to empty the tank completely in the winter or returning from a trip.

I start by closing all the taps. Then opening alternatively the bathroom and kitchen taps until the pump purges air from the system - this can be a juggling act between switching between hot and cold. It takes more trouble to purge the hot because of the air in the boiler. I always put about 10% water into the system before leaving home and purge the system before leaving home (one less job to do on site). I never bother purging the shower as I do not really use it.
Hi Ninjabob

I realise this is an old thread, but wondered if you could let me know how you drained the water system down for winter on the 75-2.

Particularly interested in relation to the onboard water pump, as I believe it is located under the van. Although I haven't seen it yet.

thanks
Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back