New Bailey autograph questions

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Paul and Kate, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate Funster

Ratings:
    +3,336
    Hi all following on from my recent help thread I thought I'd start a new one just asking some questions so here they are
    1 is the alde heating system as good as it sounds
    2 the whale water source hose system general info please as I take it you can't fill from a watering can
    3 the hab speakers above the two sofas where are they fed from
    4 does the cab have an alarm system from peugeot
    There maybe a few more that I can't think off yet
    Thanks
    Paul

2. Camdoon

Camdoon Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +1,914
    1. Yes - Alde heating is superb - most would not revert if buying another van. My C class Alde is warmer than my previous A class Truma.
    2. Bailey are a caravan company and cannot get over people wanting to pump water out of an aqua roller. Fill your tank by hose when you arrive and it will last a week. Move the van to water once a week if staying longer and empty grey.
    3. N/K
    4. Highly unlikely; see VanBitz if you want the nuts. Fun discount if you mention membership when ordering.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Steve and Soz

Steve and Soz Funster

Ratings:
    +27
    1 Yes
    2 Yes, there is a filler point in the van, mine is in the corridor between shower and fridge (97-6). You have to lift up the carpet to get at the hatch.
    3 N/K
    4 As above

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate Funster

Ratings:
    +3,336
    Answer to number 3
    What is n/k

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Steve and Soz

Steve and Soz Funster

Ratings:
    +27
    Not Known

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Ninjabob

Ninjabob Funster

Ratings:
    +394
    The hab speakers are fed by the Peugeot Radio - Settings - Fade

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. lozbou

lozbou Funster

Ratings:
    +152
    The van comes with a flat filler hose, it is prone to twisting and not letting water through. it was so much of a pain i chopped the end off and fitted an adaptor so now have 12inch of flat pipe with van adaptor connected to standard hose. No more problems.:)
    Also be aware the waste tank is slow to empty.:(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate Funster

Ratings:
    +3,336
    I'd seen a few threads on the flat hose so will be doing the same as you
    Our current elddis 155 waste is slow. Due to the small bore pipe

9. Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate Funster

Ratings:
    +3,336
    Anything else I should be thinking about
    I'm just a little bit concerned about width and ground clearance sorry any reassurance will be greatly appreciated

10. lozbou

lozbou Funster

Ratings:
    +152
    coming from an elddis 195 i was a little apprehensive about the width and ground clearance but not had any problems yet. you will find it a lot more stable than the elldis and the 160 bhp makes a hell of a difference to the performance, also used to get 27/28 mpg from elldis, now getting 31mpg.
    Aldi heating is fantastic, no noisy fans:)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Steve and Soz

Steve and Soz Funster

Ratings:
    +27
    you do have to be aware of the low clearance, I have touched twice, once coming of a slip road and across a main road and once in a forestry camping park.
    First one severed the alarm wires, second hit the water tank. However just have to keep an eye on the camber of the road.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Blue Knight

Blue Knight Funster

Ratings:
    +2,292
    Yes, there is one other very important point Paul:

"Owning a Bailey is like being the proud parents of a new born baby, i.e. the parents think It's the most beautiful and wonderful thing ever while everyone else thinks It's urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgly":rolleyes:

Only joking mate:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it Love it x 1
  13. Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate Funster

Ratings:
    +3,336
    I must admit I find a few other mhs more attractive but the inside more than makes up for its looks

• Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  14. Dide46

Dide46 Funster

Ratings:
    +40
    I quite like the look of them as they are a little different to everything out there and look very squat and meaty! They are wide and low there’s no two ways about it, however it’s manageable (so far)! We have now put 5k on ours in 9 months and visited 4 different countries and managed ok we have had a couple of awkward situations where stress levels were high but managed to overcome. We are very mindful of our restrictions and try to bare this in mind when we are traveling, we were at the NEC the other week and viewed lots of other vans some considerabley more expensive than ours and we wouldn’t swap as it is the perfect layout and size for us and how we use the van.

15. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Ratings:
    +2,702
    I found that the filling hose as supplied was OK. A little short, however, so retained my 20m reel to link up as an extension when needed.
    I keep the short hose on another reel for convenience but found when rewinding, the water would not flow out of the rectangular end as there is a valve preventing this (and you can't wind in from the other end). So I keep a clothes peg which fits into the outlet on the rectangular end and use this to hold the valve open letting the water escape. (y)

16. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Ratings:
    +2,702
    One problem (more a nuisance really) we have discovered concerns the downlighters under the cupboards at the rear. They are touch sensitive - very swish. (y) but!!!!!!! they are set to switch ON by default, meaning you have to go round switching them all OFF. Now you'd think they'd either switch off by default or resume the status they were last at but no, every time you switch off your ignition or switch the main lighting control on, on they all come. :( The dealer cannot see a problem with this (neither can Bailey). He says just switch the main lighting control off. I asked if he thought that it was reasonable to switch off your fuse box at home to avoid a similar problem and he said, "that's different". It might seem a simple thing at first but it does start to grate after a while. Especially after moving the van a couple of inches on the drive at home, getting out and locking up then having to get back in, go to the rear of the van and switch off six lights individually and lock up again or the risk of not noticing it (in daylight hours) and flattening the battery.

All this said we do love our 68-2. :D

Wyn

• Like it Like it x 1
  17. Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate Funster

Ratings:
    +3,336
    I think I've read one of your posts on this issue hopefully we can live with issue

18. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Ratings:
    +2,702
    Next time it goes in I'll ask them to insert a switch to isolate them.

Wyn

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  19. Gerby

Gerby Funster

Ratings:
    +424
    Had a similar problem with the lights, not too worried about the rear ones (we have the 796) but more concerned about the ones for the drop down bed which you don't see till the bed drops down I know heat shouldn't be an issue with LED's but still got the dealer to fit a switch so we can leave them isolated and turn them on only when we use that bed, they did this under warranty issue so don't see why your dealer wouldn't do the same.

Back to question on rear speakers, they are fed from the headset in the cab but we had the media pack plus fitted which can feed the audio from either of the TV's to those speakers (just select the appropriate AV source on the headset), the only issue we have is that you have to use the headphone jack to feed the output from the TV to the headset which turns the TV speakers off though its pretty good for a good film, not quite surround sound but not bad.

Gerby

20. Clarky51

Clarky51

Ratings:
    +1
    I shared your concerns but having just returned from a 600 mile trip straight from the dealer, and having driven over single track roads in the Scottish borders I am pretty happy the extra external width is not a major problem, particularly as it makes such a big difference inside, IMO. I think they look lower than they are somehow!
    Filling and emptying the tanks does take a while. I suspect the breathers may be too narrow. I share your concern with the lights. very odd arrangement especially as the recessed lighting won't work until the leds are switched on first.
    My gripe is that the two front locker doors fly open if you hit a pot-hole, of which there seem to be many. The smaller rear lockers were fine but I think the front 'double size' doors could do with catches on the edges as well as the centre. Thoughts anyone?

• Thanks Thanks x 1