Free Member
Feb 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Joe Anderson
Exp
Sunlight A68
Hi All,

I have been told off our new motorhome supplier that there will be a 2 month + delay in receiving our new van. Auto-trail are blaming a shortage of Fiat chassis!
Not sure if this is correct because I can't find anything on the net to suggest there is a shortage. Any ideas anyone.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We ordered a new Chieftain back in 2010 for May delivery it arrived in September that year, sounds like not a lot has changed in ten years.🙂

Upvote 0

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
Surely the body won't fit if it's got a shorter chassis

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 30, 2020
Hartpury, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 796
Exp
I was in a dealership today and told same thing. If ordering a van today it would likely be a November delivery. Fiat and their supply chain saturated as a result of a bumper year of demand and the impact of Covid on manufacturing in Italy and beyond.

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I'm on one German PVC forum and some of the Fiat-based van orders by forum members are being delivered up to 6-8 months late.

It's not ideal but 2+ months seems relatively good in the current market.

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Hi All,

I have been told off our new motorhome supplier that there will be a 2 month + delay in receiving our new van. Auto-trail are blaming a shortage of Fiat chassis!
Not sure if this is correct because I can't find anything on the net to suggest there is a shortage. Any ideas anyone.
Sounds about right.
Covid shut down of many factories last year plus the huge demand for motorhomes must mean a shortage somewhere.

Richard.

Upvote 0

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Hi All,

Why would anyone lie to you?

Yes I can confirm there is a massive shortage of Fiat Chassis. Sold orders are being cancelled. Ford based vehicles didnt have an issue at first but now supply is getting rinsed as everyone is buying Fords instead as there no other vehicles.
Fiat are at the end of their current chassis and Peugeot/ Citroen and Fiat are all running of their old chassis cabs ready for the new model next year.

Upvote 0
Jan 14, 2021
Funster No
MH
5W!b*ab3K#
Hi All,

There is a chip shortage of the EMU units worldwide, when Covid hit a lot of orders were cancelled to the chip makers who then re-directed their manufacturing to other chips and have yet to catch up. Some car makers have had to close down or reduce their output of some models See https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55929384

Upvote 0

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
the whole world is suffering one way or another by supply and demand, we are stilll wating for containers of gear..
The price of containers due to the shortage in China to ship to the UK has gone from around $2000 to around $7000 alone in the past 6 months.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back