New Auto trail roof light opening no good? (1 Viewer)

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
Hi,we have new 840D tagg.Do you have problem with your opening roof light as they donot work in my Auto trail they will not lock down?.

Sep 13, 2007
lanarkshire,scotland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
twenty years
Hi,we have new 840D tagg.Do you have problem with your opening roof light as they donot work in my Auto trail they will not lock down?.
Ours is fine (840S,has smaller skylight) However,I have just traded an 840D and the skylight rattled about in the wind and on the move,no matter how tight it was wound up.

V

Vanimal

Deleted User
Heki Skylight

we have a Delaware and today noticed that both skylights are not locking down either, not great for security or flapping open and possibly being ripped off while driving. I investigated and saw that they have a spring loaded hook either side by the raising mechanism that are meant to close onto a latch when winding the skylight down. However, ours starts to close but starts making a clicking sounds, almost like the mechanism is stripped. If the hook/latch was spring loaded the other way it would always lock closed. Now anyone could pop up on the roof and open the skylight gaining access to the van, not a great design at all. I will attempt to get a better look next weekend, just hope the damn things do not fly open and get ripped right off whilst driving.:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

putties

Free Member
Aug 28, 2008
birmingham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
There is aproblem with the winding mechanism so you need to contact autotrail to get it fixed. Best of luck.

Putties

V

Vanimal

Deleted User
Thanks Putties, will do and let you know what happens

DJP

Free Member
Nov 4, 2008
Somewhere in Europe
Funster No
Exp
There is aproblem with the winding mechanism so you need to contact autotrail to get it fixed. Best of luck.

Putties
You need to speak to your dealer and ask them to fit the new upgraded Seitz handle mechanism. There was a problem with the gears stripping in some of the early versions.
This work should be done under warranty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
My main Hekki was replaced on our service in November 2008 after complaining of problems. I had already had winding gear replaced.

My new Hekki doesn't have that fiddly catch for the winding handel.

I find you have to keep winding the Hekki closed until you no longer can push the Hekki window up from inside.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back