new and need some advice (1 Viewer)

K

kimmi21

Deleted User
hello, we have had an autotrail apache for nearly a yr now,i have ms and its proving really difficult to get in the motorhome now.
we went to a show yesterday to look at a CPT motorhome with a lift and found that you have to be linked to electric to work the lift so u couldnt use it at the side of the road,the fixed double bed was far too small, there was no oven etc,basically,not suitable.
basically,my question is this,does anyone have an idea how we go about fitting a lift or ramps to enable me to get in the van in my wheelchair??
once im inside,i can just stumble around as long as ive got stuff to hold on to,im fine,its just a big problem now getting in and we cant seem to find a way around it.
PLEASE CAN ANYONE SUGGEST A SOLUTION?
many thanx kim.:cry:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Crikey Now I'm seeing double....:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Hi Kim,

Can it not be hooked up to an on-board genny to power it.

You'll need a generator at some time anyway.Just thinking of a possible workaround.

What's the power rating / consumption of the lift?

There's plenty of experienced motorhomers on here that can give you advice.:thumb:

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted.

Last edited:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
I once saw an american RV with a lift where the step was..............it lifted his wheelchair level with the floor and he wheeled it in then shuffled into the turned around captin drivers seat which moved into its driving position by electric memory.
The lift was powerd through his 12v to 240v converter.

He also had the gally slideout fitted with wheelchair friendly appliences, and the RV had a side corridor as they are wider for his wheelchair.................proper piece of kit :thumb:

And if your worried about left hand drive then it only takes a couple of hours to get use to in the begining.........and as for it being longer than yours................It don't matter how long it is...........it will allways follow you ::bigsmile:

Problem solved :winky:

Boo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnnerontheroad

Free Member
Dec 11, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Kim,

I found this in the MMM A to Z service directory. Link Removed click on motorhomes then Special requirements they may help. all the others seem to be for small VW conversions. If you would like a copy of the pages contact me by PM.

Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back