New Alnwick Meet (Was Exchange & Bart) (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Forgot to ask for EHU but if none available we should be ok if the sun is shining!

Kath & Howie

Hi KAth & Howie

No EHU's left at present, but sure we can sort something if batteries get low.

thanks
Andrea

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
alnwick

any more takers for a fantastic jubilee weekend (or longer if you want to) gathering. Not hard standing but very firm ground. BBQ, Bacon Butties, warm open fire on a balmy evening with friendly northern's (dictionary available on request) oh and a no exspense spared guided tour round the wonderful history filled town of Alnwick by non other than Mr Dellwood himself.:thumb::coolthumb:

come on guys don't be shy, you know you want to!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
any more takers for a fantastic jubilee weekend (or longer if you want to) gathering. Not hard standing but very firm ground. BBQ, Bacon Butties, warm open fire on a balmy evening with friendly northern's (dictionary available on request) oh and a no exspense spared guided tour round the wonderful history filled town of Alnwick by non other than Mr Dellwood himself.:thumb::coolthumb:

come on guys don't be shy, you know you want to!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
IS DELWOOD COMING TO THE MEET HE IS NOT ON THE LIST???????

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
The Stig -
12 Volt -
Jim & Sian -
Tick59 -
Scran -
Friends of Scran -
Wyaye Wires -
Lallymc -

Dellwood - day visitor
Tommy Harry - day visitor
Truffs - day visitor

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Andrea - what sort of cake do you want Barbara to make for Jeff ?:Smile:
She says she realises what a picky sod he is :thumb:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I am salivating already at the thought of Barbara's fab carrot cake!

Looking forward to the meet and Howie getting the MH exterior cleaned!

I was looking out for the site on the way home tonight and saw the posts on the rugby field from the A1 so know now where to aim for.

Kath & Howie

truffs

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 24, 2012
Durham (Lanchester)
Funster No
MH
CV20
Exp
since 2006
Forgot to say i will also have plus one with me (mad springer Jasper) he will just want to play with everyone

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Alnwick Rugby Football Club
<table id="biwtable" jstcache="0"><tbody jstcache="0"><tr jstcache="0"><td class="basicinfo" jstcache="0">
Greensfield
Alnwick, Northumberland NE66 1BE

Get directions on Google Maps

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Sorry guys, as we now only have the weekend, we've decided that this one is just a tad too far for us. We'd be on the road 7 or 8 hours each way:roflmto::Eeek: Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry to hear that Jim. Know what you mean about it being a long journey. That's why we had to book some holiday off work to make the journey worth while. Plus those Geordies need putting in order!

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Am so looking forward to this meet, it was fantastic last year, Dellwoods tour, Barbaras cake, Andy's hosting, shauns cracks,.... just know its going to be a weekend of fun and laughter

Andy do u want to do a jacobs table at all? i dont know what kind of use we can have at the rugby club

Lea xxx:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
We are looking forward to the meet too - we had to cancel on the day last year as we were both unwell and did not want to share our bugs with anyone!

Kath & Howie

PS we will be bringing our pack with us and also the car. will that be a problem?

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Am so looking forward to this meet, it was fantastic last year, Dellwoods tour, Barbaras cake, Andy's hosting, shauns cracks,.... just know its going to be a weekend of fun and laughter

Andy do u want to do a jacobs table at all? i dont know what kind of use we can have at the rugby club

Lea xxx:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

Yes that sounds like a good idea Lea, Ok folks Jacobs table for Saturday night (everybody bring some food along, can be anything from sandwiches, sausage rolls or even crisps to something as good as your signature dish! Hot or Cold) and we will have the communial BBQ on the Sunday, which will give us plenty of time to spend in and around Alnwick on the Saturday with our Tour Guide!
Dick You and Barbara are going to have to stay over now, or yous will miss out on the BBQ!!!

Thank you guys for keeping my spirits up:thumb:

Oh and Marilyn thank you but will not be needing the berco boiler, think my kettle can cope with the amount of us!!! Still want the burning pit and gazebo please thanks xxxxx

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
PS we will be bringing our pack with us and also the car. will that be a problem?[/QUOTE]

Hi Kath,
Not a problem re dogs, will just have to keep mine far away as they are anti social little [STRIKE]shit$[/STRIKE] Border Collies. They love humans although they never managed a whole one (so far)
No probs re car either

Andrea
x

BTW guys I have been informed by Club Manager that they are having some building works carried out at the moment, so toilets and showers will be in porta cabins. :Smile:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
"Dick You and Barbara are going to have to stay over now, or yous will miss out on the BBQ!!!"

This will not be a problem as we are now Muslim Vegetarians, so the BBQ is of little interest :Smile::Smile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Can you please put us down for this one Andrea? I'd love to spend a few days at Alnwick. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
The Stig -
12 Volt -
Tick59 -
Scran -
Friends of Scran -
Wyaye Wires -
Lallymc -
Loujess -

Dellwood - day visitor
Tommy Harry - day visitor
Truffs - day visitor

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Ivy

You won't be disappointed, it is lovely up there. Look forward to seeing you and Sandy.

Andrea
x

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We have stopped off in the town before for a quick skeg round, but a few days to get to know it better would be lovely. I understand the gardens in the castle are quite special but I'm sure the Tourist Information will give us something. Looking forward to seeing you all. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
We have stopped off in the town before for a quick skeg round, but a few days to get to know it better would be lovely. I understand the gardens in the castle are quite special but I'm sure the Tourist Information will give us something. Looking forward to seeing you all. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Gardens are well worth a visit. You can book online in advance and get a little discount.

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Alnwick

where are all the Geordies going to this bank holiday not many coming to Alnwick don t know what there missing::bigsmile:

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Am I allowed to come on my own (see other thread) please?

I would EHU from Friday to whenever?

Could I also have a few more details...like where it is etc?

Sorry to be a pain...

P.S. Will I need to buy a Phrase book or will there be an interpreter on hand...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

lets just practice....I'll be gannin doon rooad??? is that any good?

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
:thumb: Solo is not a problem :Smile:
The language problems are often more imagined than real & I am sure that you will be able to pick up every other word quite quickly :Smile:

The meet is at The Alnwick Rugby Club on the southern outskirts of Alnwick in Northumberland, about 30 miles north of Newcastle.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...vV1Qe4ox2k-ls7ezA&sig2=JYpyiCmY4vKgAdp8C5nKCw

If yee dee struggle with the lingo, there are will be other non geordie foreigners that yee caan tark tee :Blush:

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Do I need to PM stig to confirm??

Looks good....SWMBO asks is that somewhere near where they filmed Harry Potter?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back