New aire near Le Crotoy open all year (1 Viewer)

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Here is an aire that has just opened near Le Crotoy, just an hour south of Calais in the beautiful Somme bay area.
It is a private aire on a Residential Holiday site - no tents or caravans, just static mobile homes and chalets.
It is ideal if Le Crotoy aire is full, as it often is, or if the weather is less than perfect! It is also ideal if you are an "aire skeptic" as the site is fully contained with bar, pool and wifi all included in the price of 12euros (low season) and 15euros in July/August.
There are two external pitches and six inside the site. All have electric hookup and water, picnic tables and barbeques and there is a dedicated emptying facility.
It is ideal too, if you are taking children
Below is the address, website and co-ords

Broken Link Removed

1260 Route de Mazurette, 80120 Favières

Lat: +50.239681° / N 50°14'23"
Lng: + 1.677746° / E 1°40'40"

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
hi

I think the Mclouis in the one of your photos may well be us, can't just see the number plate.
Lalinde aire, Dordogne :Smile:

Joyce

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
followed the link and it all looks great until

securtiy deposit

200 € on arrival, refunded upon departure after inventory.

is this for real?never heard of an aire charging a deposit, let alone such a hefty one

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger

securtiy deposit

is this for real?never heard of an aire charging a deposit, let alone such a hefty one

I think you will find that the deposit is for the holiday homes.

OP
OP
ojibway

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005

securtiy deposit

I think that is negotiable. We rented here for a week and were not asked for a deposit!:Smile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Don't be so bloomin daft - 'after they take inventory' - do you think they are gonna come in your MoHo, take an inventory and a deposit and if you use any loo roll and don't replace it, they won't refund it?

OMG we've used 4 teabags ..... and singed a tea towel - oh hang on, they're ours aren't they?

:ROFLMAO: :Doh:​

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Don't be so bloomin daft - '

Not so daft. They will probably insist on payment by credit or debit card. Most will just look and see the amount and not read the small print, probably in French anyway. No problems, you just drive off the next day.

2 weeks later your CC gets hit with a 100E charge. What's this you say. Back comes the reply "the tap/electric bollard/anything else they can think of was broken while you were there. You signed to say we could take it from your account in that case. Didn't you read what you signed". Hotels and hire car companies have been getting away with it for years.

I won't be staying there.

OP
OP
ojibway

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Well Funsters, I did not mean to upset you all. This place is very friendly and easy going.
Just trying to be helpful.
I'll get my coat:Sad:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
No need to apologise at all. You did the right thing be telling us about it. But what worries me is the 200E deposit mentioned on the website. How did they deal with it when you stayed there?

OP
OP
ojibway

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
No need to apologise at all. You did the right thing be telling us about it. But what worries me is the 200E deposit mentioned on the website. How did they deal with it when you stayed there?

They registered my credit card but did not take anything. It's just cautionary in the unlikely event you drive off with the barrier fob

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Well in that case it is excessive, for fobs or plastic cards to get in or out, most campsites charge a couple of Euros each deposit, which you get back at the end when you hand them in.

I think they really are taking the hiss.

Jenny

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
If any Funster stays here in their motorhome and asked for a deposit I'll happily pay it on my credit card.

I'll also do a race for life event dressed as a pink blancmange.

:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

OP - Thank you for a useful post. Le Crotoy is a great place to visit but sometimes the aire is HEAVING.

Edit - Like many sites they take a pre-authorisation on you card - no money will leave your account.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ojibway

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Love the Aires photo album:thumb:

Thanks, Scottyboy, like your Travelog too. You've done a lot in one year!
We've been along the coast near Laucate - Gruissan, Argeles, Port Vendres, etc. Nice area.
Looks like your kids enjoy motorhoming too!!:Smile::Smile:
Mike:Cool:

OP
OP
ojibway

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
If any Funster stays here in their motorhome and asked for a deposit I'll happily pay it on my credit card.

I'll also do a race for life event dressed as a pink blancmange.

:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

OP - Thank you for a useful post. Le Crotoy is a great place to visit but sometimes the aire is HEAVING.

Edit - Like many sites they take a pre-authorisation on you card - no money will leave your account.
Le Crotoy was heaving last weekend as was the whole coast. I've never seen so many motorhomes on the road!:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back