New (additional) leisure battery at Peterbrough show? (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Hi. Never been to a motorhome show before and would like an additional leisure battery fitted next to the original under a lounge seat - plenty of room. I assume it should be enclosed in a battery box. Any ideas on likely cost for 105AH fitted please (assuming i could get it fitted there)

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
You could look at the list of exhibitors and give a couple a ring and ask a ball park figure for what you want. Might be more accurate then people on here thinking what it might be.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
You could look at the list of exhibitors and give a couple a ring and ask a ball park figure for what you want. Might be more accurate then people on here thinking what it might be.
People on here 'might' have actually had recent experience of cost? But thanks anyway for suggesting what sort of questions people should be asking .... any other no go questions i should avoid in the future ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
It’s not a no go question just trying to be helpful. If you want an idea give them a ring. You would not be happy if you’re at the show and can’t do it because they have not got what you want with them. But if you’re not happy with my reply I apologise.

Upvote 0

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
You seriously would be so much better going to a local auto electrician and getting it done. Making up leads, working in a muddy field, door open, traipsing in and out, and if the weather is bad all weekend even worse.

It has always surprised me that people will get things fitted at a motorhome show.

I started Van Bitz in 1990 and was mobile around the Country for the first Six years of business so I have a lot of experience with this.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
It’s not a no go question just trying to be helpful. If you want an idea give them a ring. You would not be happy if you’re at the show and can’t do it because they have not got what you want with them. But if you’re not happy with my reply I apologise.
Just me being tetchy !!! Sorry

Upvote 0

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We don't even exhibit there anymore as the weather is normally so bad lol

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
There is usually a stand just at the top of the mhf rally field, near the toilet block that sells batteries, I am sure he fits them as well. He has a mobile van as I recall as I think he also fits solar panels.

Upvote 0
Oct 16, 2018
CHESTERFIELD DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
PILOTE
Exp
Long enough
I always thought that both batteries should not only be of the same power (ie 105ah) but also the same age - otherwise the older one could 'pull' the other one down and make both less efficient.
But what do I know?

Upvote 0
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I’m not sure of your diy skills but a battery upgrade has got to be one of the easiest to do...

Have you looked into doing yourself.? There are videos on YouTube and useful threads on here..(y)

Upvote 0

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
You should find there are a few Funster members who are trading or attending the show and do supply / installation work..
Plus some give a discount (y)

@DMS
@Ash
@C.L.S
@dave newell lvs

Are one's that spring to mind...

We haven't exhibited at any shows for a couple of years now, it got to the point where it was costing car too much for car too little return. Plus several show dates clashed with hillclimb weekends.

D.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
I’m not sure of your diy skills but a battery upgrade has got to be one of the easiest to do...

Have you looked into doing yourself.? There are videos on YouTube and useful threads on here..(y)
I could easily do the job but was also looking for expert advice on the right battery and set up for potential future additions ie solar, b2b. Would have been useful to get an idea of likely cost for everything installed at a later date.

As regards the weather .... its been raining here in france for four days now. We cant move on as we are at our static and have family joining us later today for two weeks, so peterborough weather doesnt scare me !!

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Or 90 nicker to buy one and have it delivered to your door and about 6 quid for the leads, and 10 minutes watching youtube videos.
Whole job is about an hour if you have to take out the seat.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back