New Addition to family ! (1 Viewer)

Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
Meet Betty our new Jack Russell puppy,she is now 9 weeks old and we have had a very stressfull time with her after we collected her from the breeder.We could not believe how small she was and nor could the vets as she had to be hospitalized for 5 nights as she was not eating properly and her gluecose level kept dropping,it was touch and go weather she pulled through but i can honestly say that the vets had done a great job with her and she is now home with us eating more and putting on weight .So after paying the vet bills we may be able to go away in our motorhome next year !.

Attachments

• WIN_20200809_18_13_26_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20200809_18_13_26_Pro.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 143

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
AAAW what a cutie, can we have a few more photos and one of her full face please. I want to drool.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cliffyboy
Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
Thank you everybody and yes you are alright she is a proper little cutie and a fighter after what she's has been through, and if we ever meet up with any of you on a rally or something please do come and say hello to Betty and us of coarse ! Will post some more photos later for you all ! Thanks again ! .

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Gosh she is tiny! And what a lovely looking pup.

A friend breeds miniature Jack Russells - they're all full of character!!!! Our Grandson was terrified of dogs (gets that from his Mum) but was fascinated at seeing 7 puppies which were 7 weeks old - each and everyone asking to be picked up and fussed over. Of that litter our friend kept two dogs as they are just so special - Frank and Bert. Frank is my favourite!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
She looks gorgeous and I'm so glad things are turning out okay - wish you and her many years of happy companionship.

But, in view of the current stories about stolen pups etc. (not saying she's one but it makes you think), how old was she when you got her and was she properly weaned from her mum? From what you say it seems she wasn't quite ready to fend for herself and maybe separated too early? I make this point because although the accepted time is 8 weeks, I would guess not all pups are ready at that time. As it happens our Westie was more than ready at 8 weeks - his Mum wouldn't let him feed any more!

Please note, I'm not trying to be critical but perhaps putting out a timely warning to all potential dog owners not to rush it. And of course always make sure you buy from a reputable breeder.

AnnB

Free Member
May 29, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2002
I'm sorry to hear you've had such a worrying time with Betty, so soon after getting her. I hope it's all uphill from here. She's very sweet.

Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
I’m a newbie
Here’s hoping Betty is now out of the woods 🤞. Well done you for persevering with her. A lot would have handed her back and then who knows what.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Love Jack Russell’s

My little girl Holly was the runt of the litter, still small compared to her brother but a feisty little thing when other dogs want to sniff her😁😁

Good luck with the new pup, the love and enjoyment they give back is worth a bit of pain...

OP
OP
Cliffyboy
Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
Hi all and thanks again for your positive comments and Betty was 8 weeks old when we picked her up and we know she was 8 weeks because we got regular updates on line with photos of all the pups and we did have first pick of the litter and she turned out to be the smallest.Yes we do think she was released from mum to early but breeder could not believe what was going on with her or so she says and when i told her that the vets didnt know which way it was going to go the breeder told me that if anything happened to Betty she would give me a full refund and i told her i didnt want that as the minute we picked up Betty she was part of our family and we will do what ever it takes ! Now my question to you all is do i phone her up and see if she is willing to contribute to my vet bills which are over twice as much as i payed for Betty in the first place ?

Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
I would. A good breeder is concerned about their puppies and would surely be happy to contribute to ensure they are healthy.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Its a tricky one - did the vet actually say what the cause of her illness was?

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
If I had bred her I would have kept her another 2-3 weeks.
Yes I would ask for a contribution at least, as she should have made sure pup was eating well etc!
As the breeder she is partly responsible!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Get the vets opinion before you do anything else. If he/she is non-commital then I'd say just suck it up, but if it was a contributing factor to the wee mites problems then maybe you should - breeder sounds a reasonable type, offering to refund the purchase price. Depends how determined/bolshy you are! ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back