New A Class insurance cost (1 Viewer)

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Hi,

soon to enter the search for insurance

If possible can anyone give me an idea what they might have paid on a new A Class 4800kg circa £140k, and who they went with and why

many thanks

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It all depends😏 we use NFU but I am aware that they don’t always offer good deals and I am sure the same could be said for most if not all so I am afraid it’s down to phoning around.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
It will also depend on what security system you have. And where you normally keep it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Ours van was similar price, searched long and hard for cover, but most won't even quote if over 100k.

We finally found Comfort to be the only company to offer the cover we wanted, but cost was an eye watering 2.5k!!

We tried NFU and others, but they would not offer a price as van was over 125k. There was one other company that did quote, but, when you added all elements, it was more costly than Comfort. Cannot recall the other company, but have a feeling it was like a guys name!

Not sure if that helps

Please let us know if you fund someone cheaper.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Can be difficult over a 100k, NFU usally pretty good my mate pays just over £500 for a Carthago E Line.
With NFU you need to speak to the right office Chichester or Louth are best. One downside they only give 3rd party cover for Croatia.

OP
OP
I
Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Thanks Fulham Dave, was thinking it may be Comfort (Aviva) but that price, gulp !,!

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
NFU were the only firm to give me a quote due to this is my first van and the value.
More than happy with the service from Chichester branch.
Hopefully policy will go down a fair bit next year.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Thanks Fulham Dave, was thinking it may be Comfort (Aviva) but that price, gulp !,!
Yes, Aviva were the underwriters. Ours has tracker, cat 1 alarm and in a gold level compound when not in use.

However, it should be noticed we are also full timers, so that has a REAL impact and something I should have mentioned in original post!!!

It did come down almost £500 this year though 😆

Mar 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Frankia i7400 plus
Hi...did you get sorted ? Just seen this thread, we paid £120k+ for our Frankia and lots of insurers weren't interested over £85k or some £100k....in the end we got a decent quote (-£1k) from Ageas........needed a Tracker.
Regards, Rob.
ps just had a windscreen claim for £3k+ with no issue from Ins co.....just bloody Autoglass are a bunch of clowns !!!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
ps just had a windscreen claim for £3k+ with no issue from Ins co.....just bloody Autoglass are a bunch of clowns !!!
They replaced our screen last year, took a just over a week to get a genuine OEM screen and made a good job of fitting it.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi...did you get sorted ? Just seen this thread, we paid £120k+ for our Frankia and lots of insurers weren't interested over £85k or some £100k....in the end we got a decent quote (-£1k) from Ageas........needed a Tracker.
Regards, Rob.

I’d insist on a branded windscreen fitted by the MH dealer

Mar 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Frankia i7400 plus
This has been most of the problem...they wanted to fit a "pattern" windscreen which I refused. After explaining to the ins co that it would invalidate the water ingress warranty and they would have to pick that up they fully agreed.
Autoglass have apparently already ordered an OEM screen but won't tell us where they've ordered it from......when I told them the Uk distributor has no knowledge of an order for a windscreen Autoglass told me they don't have to disclose where they get the screen from !
So I'm waiting to see what arrives.......they are fully aware that if it does not have the Frankia branding on it they'll not be fitting it and will have a spare !!

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Robert

Branded windscreen - yes

Fitted by dealer -??

I think some dealers, particularly if new to 'A' Class may never have fitted one.

I think that some problems with Autoglass, and the likes, is that they have send out the car w/screen fitters and not the lorry/coach fitters..

Geoff

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
This has been most of the problem...they wanted to fit a "pattern" windscreen which I refused. After explaining to the ins co that it would invalidate the water ingress warranty and they would have to pick that up they fully agreed.
Autoglass have apparently already ordered an OEM screen but won't tell us where they've ordered it from......when I told them the Uk distributor has no knowledge of an order for a windscreen Autoglass told me they don't have to disclose where they get the screen from !
So I'm waiting to see what arrives.......they are fully aware that if it does not have the Frankia branding on it they'll not be fitting it and will have a spare !!
When Autoglass turned up with my screen one of the guys showed me a copy of the invoice from Travel World.

Appears to be a bit pot luck with Autoglass I was impressed with the service I received.

OP
OP
I
Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Regards, Rob.
Sorted with Comfort
Regards, Rob.

OP
OP
I
Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Got sorted with Comfort, most not interested at high prices, Comfort fine, had to have Cat 1 tracker and alarm. Plus side didn’t have to use a NCD, included Green Card and European breakdown cover for less than £750

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back