Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
Hi everyone, I have spent hours over the years reading others stories of adventures, descriptions of their motor homes, disappointments, disaster builds and the very occasional praise, so felt I would like to contribute my views sometimes.
We have owned some 13 motor homes and 2 caravans over the last 25 years, probably enough to be a little help on some of the questions and comments.
The caravan ownerships came about when we tried a PVS ( Timberland ) to tow it with, but it was too much trouble to set up when you arrived anywhere, and then three years ago, following a health scare, we bought a VW T5 camper , sold our Bolero 722FB , It was going to be a “ tug” for another caravan ( the last one was 15 years ago ) Well, the T5, although being o 180 bop 18 “ wheels, better suspension, at anything over 60 mph it was feeling unstable and the anti snake kept coming on.
We went to look for something bigger to tow the van with. My brother and two sisters all own Swift PVS campers And over the years we were often envious how often they just used to pop down to the beach where we felt the bigger motor homes that we had was more of an effort.
We finished up with a super deal on a new Auto Trail V Line 610 . We took off to north Wales within a couple of days and although we had a tow bar fitted we left the “ wobble box “ at home. Next a trip to the Netherlands without the caravan so on our return the caravan was going to inherit a new owner. The PVS does what it says ‘ on the box ‘ freedom.
We are now on our 13th van, another V Line but the slightly longer 635, this gives us the choice of 2 lounge areas, we can both watch different tv programmes if we want. The rear settees are very comfortable and convert to single beds easily.
Unlike some Auto Trails our V Lines have been screwed together well with very little few problems and virtually NO squeaks or rattles.
Wow, some introduction . BernieT. ( dipsie )

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
sgreeting_welcome_sign_general_100-109.gif

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi and welcome

Congratulations on your first post

:hiya2:

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
7 years of stalking funsters. ?
That's got to be a record ?
Welcome ??????‍♂️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Welcome dipsie Please dont be so shy to post in future,yes we all share a passion for adventure, and we dont bite as we are mostly too old have our own teeth:D
We are ex tuggers also, and love our Moho, less room maybe, but better ability to wildcamp or become FLT's which no doubt you will have read about.
Les & TinaL

OP
OP
D

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
Jezport, Ah , I had temporary brainfade ,brainfaid ? I dunno ? Should have been PSV . It’s what happening nowadays . My excuse is I’m 75 in three weeks time.

BernieT ( dipsie ) what’s the name tell you, eh !

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I’m confused.........again ;)
Anyway,you Sir get the prize for obviously being the most restrained and least opinionated person on the planet!;);):LOL::LOL:
:welcome4:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome sunshine. They scare the **** out of me too... I just pretend I'm talking to myself. In fact, most of the time..... I am. :(

BBrilliant site. Keep posting. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back