Never mind the quality, feel the width (1 Viewer)

Tim Hamlyn

Free Member
Jul 9, 2018
River tavey
Funster No
MH
Burstner I572
Exp
Since November 2017
Hi. we have caravanned for quite while (Eriba Puck and Familia) but have just dipped our toe into the motorhome water. Its a left hand drive Burstner i 572 circa 1998. Its a bit shabby but I like to do the jobs myself so it is a bit of a project. We are off to France towing a scooter next week so what with the width etc its a bit daunting but we are really looking forward to it. One thing was a relief. I had been told that reversing with a motorcycle trailer behind a motorhome was a real problem but we went to some quiet roads last week and with the reversing camera it was as easy as reversing my box trailer with the car. It may be the MH has a good lock so small corrections are easily made. Anyway, its good to have the backing of a friendly forum, so many questions.

Tim

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Tim

How about some "before" and "after" pictures, and you will be fine in France BTW so "enjoy".

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
You have made a pretty good choice as a first motorhome , hope your first trip goes well
Hi-smiley.png

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us and
bon-voyage-banner.jpg
next week.

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Enjoy your trip think towing can cause problems if using aires but a lot of people think a seat in aire secures spot ( i don't so ) think it looks like motorhome spot so happy to park up to or alongside. campsite you have your own spot and your own space

OP
OP
T

Tim Hamlyn

Free Member
Jul 9, 2018
River tavey
Funster No
MH
Burstner I572
Exp
Since November 2017
Hi. Thank you for all your positive comments. I will post some photos of our French trip when we return. Thanks to some forum posts on wheel changing I bought a 5 ton bottle jack from Screwfix. Not expensive and should do the job. There is so much information here. It is a great site.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back