Never mess up your start!! (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I was in a 20 bike pile-up at Snet in 1982. Marlboro Championships. I was on second row in pissing down rain and couldn't see naff all. Flag dropped, I went, lad in front stalled, I swerved to miss and colided with lad next to me.

Most of third row hit the melee, quickly joined by fourth and fifth rows. Riding into a sea of rain.

By the time they sorted it out, the leaders were round again and had to swerve ;)

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Pretty impressed with Thundersport when they ran the British Sidecar Championship, looks like they still have a great response crew (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Copied from the vid statement, So True(y)

"ThundersportGB - Donington Park - 24th March 2018
Blackbird Corporate Golden Era Supersport/Steelsport
This video is posted in order to implore you to engage in practice starts on a machine that is new to you, has had the gearing changed, or has been fitted with a new clutch etc. Adrian didn't, but he got away with it, you might not... Please share the post around for safety's sake."

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
As i said on the video when they posted it, their idea of getting away with it and mine are not the same.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Looks nasty when,I was racing chairs 90% of the time you could not see but that is what made the difference between winning or loosing keeping the throttle open no matter what.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Thats why i like MX starts, if you stall , you just sit there on your todd looking stupid... obviously you can make it entertaining by burying the front wheel in turn one, while leading , in front of 39 others, but at least the ground is soft.

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I've seen a few start line incidents over the years caused by stalling or chain's breaking when banging the clutch out, everyone taking avoiding action :eek:.
Had one at brands I still have no idea how we got between the pit wall & the stationery outfit!! Not a start indecent but, back in the 90s on F2's we were slipstreaming at Pembery start/finish straight for a pass into the hairpin, when I saw the gear change drop down on the outfit in front of us, so just swerved as I new when he went for 6th it wasn't going to happen & we would have collected them:eek: we only just missed them.

The Flute

Free Member
Nov 18, 2017
Funster No
MH
Dethfleffs
I snapped a throttle cable on pole at brands. Sat there shitting myself Never been so scared.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back