LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Moving to a new home and need to start with a clean bit of paper and document what I am doing...

Any free software that will allow me to document the network?

Currently , we have 3 smart TV, Bose system, 6 laptops, 4 tablets, three servers, 4 printers. plus CCTV, wifi enabled switches etc.

I was hoping to draw it out and record the IP addresses etc...

Suggestions?

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Fing App on an Android will find everything on your wireless network. Some decent routers will allow you to look at the DHCP allocation table.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
I've used this in the past <Broken link removed> when doing site audits, not sure if it might be a bit overkill for what you need.

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Bear in mind that almost all Routers will use DHCP to allicate IP Addresses which may change if the DHCP lease renews or you simply turn off or reboot the Router. You could allocate each device a Fixed IP Address in the Router's admin software. Personally I would not bother trying to map the system - just use FING to find the current allocations if you need to know a piece of equipments current IP.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you need to know the IP address of a particular piece of equipment at any time it's easy enough to sign in to the router at the time. That way you know it's accurate.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Moving to a new home and need to start with a clean bit of paper and document what I am doing...

Any free software that will allow me to document the network?

Currently , we have 3 smart TV, Bose system, 6 laptops, 4 tablets, three servers, 4 printers. plus CCTV, wifi enabled switches etc.
Sounds like a car boot sale would be a better way forward..(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back