net books (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
My good lady has decided she would like a netbook or tablet but not an ipad. Never having had a netbook but having an iPad, I'm not sure what to look for. Any assistance/reccomendations would be most welcome.

Gordon

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I have a Samsung N120 and am very pleased with it. I paid the extra and got the 9 hour battery. :thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have a couple - both Dell's

I purchased one in the USA .. and runs on XP (got it just about the time Windows 7 came out.. had a choice, still went with XP) .. works fine, use it on the RV a lot with the Vodafone Dongle (old sort unlimited time for the purchase..paid £15 still have £8 left).. this small net pad works fine, but the small tracking pad is not good and I do use a wireless mouse with it.

The other Dell I have is a flip screen.. that is on Windows 7 .. not impressed with it for the money.. small and does the job, but I would want to try one before buying.

I use of course the MACBookPro.. and had plenty of chance to use one at the Apple store.. expensive.. but I do use it all the time.. the two net books do not get used very often these days..

I do have an IPAD and that does it all as well.. recommended... I use that to read, send emails, browse the web etc., does what it says on the tin.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have an ASUS 1005p which has proven to be an excellent little laptop. It is my backup and for when I am off hookup.

I ran my internet business off it for 6 weeks while my main laptop was out of service...

You just have to be a little patient with them and not run loads of software at the same time. However you can do things like watching BBC iPlayer and saved video files on it no problems which surprised me.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
PS: I can get a full days work 12+ Hours out it on a full charge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi. I purchased an Acer Aspire one 722 in November. I went for the version with a 11.6in screen, 4 GB of ram and a 500 GB hard drive, most netbooks only have 1 GB ram which I thought might be limiting.

It works well but I have taken the supplied McAfee antivirus off as it was slowing it to by a ridiculous amount. I now run it with Microsoft Security Essentials which I downloaded for free and it is fine.

Mike

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
My first netbook was an Acer Aspire One running XP. Lovely little machine but I fancied trying Windows 7 so bought an Asus (mainly because of longer battery life) and gave the Acer to our granddaughter. That works fine as well but of the two I prefer the Acer keyboard - probably just my bias.

I bought an external DVD reader/writer when I still had the Acer; gives a little more flexibility for software installation. I also increased the RAM on the Asus.

Have a wander into Comet and/or Currys/PC World and have a play with the display models as items like keyboards and screens do vary somewhat,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back