nervous dogs on bonfire night. (1 Viewer)

efinjohn

Free Member
Jul 23, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
does anybody know of a rally or get together 50 mls or so around Bristol that can cater for a nervous dog (petrified of bangs) over the fireworks wkend nov, also if someone knows of a quietish place please let me know.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Very difficult to be totally isolated from the woes of bonfire night for pets. I suggest remotest Scotland or better still France to be absolutely certain - having said that if you're anything like us, there will undoubtedly be a french farmer shooting sparrows or such like with his 12 bore next to wherever you're pitched.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We got our nervous Collie some good stuff from the vets. Turned him from crazy and mental, into cool, calm doggy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
You have my sympathy, my dog hates the fireworks, happily he's slowly becoming deaf!

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Fortunately one of our dogs was brought up in Shanghai, so fireworks don't phase her at all. However I like the idea of a rally, away from it all. Probably a bit late to organise something this year but maybe you could plan one for next year? For this year, why don't you just find a site that is miles from anywhere and just spend a couple of nights there with your dogs.

The real problem in the U.K. Is that people start setting off fireworks half way through October and keep doing so until mid January. I would like to see fireworks restricted to organised events on 5th November ONLY.

OP
OP
E

efinjohn

Free Member
Jul 23, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
we have been finding remote cl's for the past few years but I was putting the feelers out to see if anybody was about with the same problem. Will that sounds a great idea how did you do that and does he still come back when you call him..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
If you're having a rally next year, I can put on a fireworks display :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back