Neoplan Starliner coach conversion ( picture heavy ) (9 Viewers)

Popty

Free Member
Aug 22, 2020
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
American RV,
Exp
Since 2018
Hi mick 3275, as a retired coach driver, the Neoplan does drive really well, all the Neoplans l drove had the MAN engine with ZF Ecomat gearbox, but you've made a fantastic job of the conversion and l hope you get many years enjoyment of of her.
Keep us posted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Phil495

Free Member
Dec 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
Scania irizar
You have done a nice job it looks nice, am currently converting a scania irizar century myself it's not an easy job far from it, enjoy your time in it. Phil

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
What a fantastic job, absolutely awesome! As someone said earlier, I too am amazed at the skill of the many craftsmen and women on here, and very jealous too!

I hope that you and your family have many, many years of fun in your new palace on wheels! Safe driving and enjoy the ride, which I am sure you will :xsmile::xThumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I know what your saying and agree, lap belts are fitted to limos with side facing seats, same rules. I checked this with dvsa testers. I wouldn’t fit them if I didn’t need / require to.
Lovely job and I'm sure you'll get lots of enjoyment out of it but I too am 'concerned' about the side seat belts, regardless of whether they are 'legal' or not they are IMV not something I'd ever want to use or allow anyone else to do so as in an impact they can cause major internal injuries as well as paralysis and death, with your skill I'm sure you could adapt the sofas so they convert to seats so that they are forward facing for travel (with headrests). If you're not intending to use them how will you secure your family in transit?

jeez, there’s always someone trying to pick fault….:rolleyes: Merry Christmas
Not fault picking, just being aware of the pitfalls of side-facing seat belts.

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
As far as I'm aware from Converting Vans a few years ago, side facing and rear facing seats don't require seat belts, but obviously adviced to have them fitted...was always pointed to the 12 seater Land Rover Safari LWB with the 2 Side Facing Wooden benches seats...

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Gosh that was a long time ago... they stopped doing 12seat Safaris more than 30years ago and stopped sideway seating in 2007.
was always pointed to the 12 seater Land Rover Safari LWB with the 2 Side Facing Wooden benches seats...

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
(y)
Awesome. Even if I had the skills I don't have the patience and determination to even consider such a project.

Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
Looked at a couple of new rv's this year and they had side facing seats with seat belts my problem was we could not fit a child seat securely into them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back