Need to learn how this all works (1 Viewer)

howeller2

Free Member
Jan 23, 2012
south east london
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
:Doh:Hi, I just joined the other day and need to know how to stop messages going onto email? I have never joined a forum before so im just learning. If i want to find out about something do i just post a 'new thread'?Also what is a tag and a trackback? Sorry for being dim but im new at this game!

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Hallo Howeller and :welcome:

When you want to start a new thread just go down the list, pick the appropriate heading for your post, click 'new thread' box and ... proceed :thumb: ... then click on 'submit reply - as you did for this one'

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Motorhome Fun, if you have a question to ask, click on the Forums on the left hand side, run down the different categories Rallies / Beginners / Motorhome related etc see which one suits the question.

Then see on the left side says new thread click that and post your question. Jim has a video explaining things you will see that under the forum's tag as well.

Keep at it and you will soon get used to it, we all have to learn.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

howeller2

Free Member
Jan 23, 2012
south east london
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
Thanks for replys so far:Smile: Still need to know how to stop messages going onto my email aswell?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Have a read and look at the videos and instructions Link Removed They should help:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
:Doh:Hi, I just joined the other day and need to know how to stop messages going onto email? I have never joined a forum before so im just learning. If i want to find out about something do i just post a 'new thread'?Also what is a tag and a trackback? Sorry for being dim but im new at this game!
Hi Howeller, follow carefully as i will say this only once :roflmto:

on the blue tool bar near the top of the page, click 'MY PROFILE'

in the left column of the next page you will see 'Your control panel'
scroll down to 'settings and options' then the sub menu 'Edit options'

on the next page scroll to 'private messaging'

untick the 3rd option.....'Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages'

that should stop you getting a notification email.

OP
OP
H

howeller2

Free Member
Jan 23, 2012
south east london
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
Learning

Thanks Jim, will do:Smile:We are going to a couple of places to look at 'vans at weekend to get better idea of what we want, Blue Bell Hill and Johns Cross. Also want to go to the Excel show, cant wait!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Jim, will do:Smile:We are going to a couple of places to look at 'vans at weekend to get better idea of what we want, Blue Bell Hill and Johns Cross. Also want to go to the Excel show, cant wait!
you are sure to get a good deal at Johns' Cross....the boss, Peter, is a member on this forum :thumb:

you will also get a members discount on parts and accessories from him if you mention motorhome fun when ordering or paying in person.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back