DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
I'm going down the west of France, from Vannes down to Poitiers then round Bordeaux. I need to buy a leisure battery to replace a five year old Elecsol that won't hold much of a charge now.

Where might I find a battery at a reasonable price? Do the big hardware chains sell them, or do I need a motorhome dealers?

Any recommended brands commonly available in France?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I'm going down the west of France, from Vannes down to Poitiers then round Bordeaux. I need to buy a leisure battery to replace a five year old Elecsol that won't hold much of a charge now.

Where might I find a battery at a reasonable price? Do the big hardware chains sell them, or do I need a motorhome dealers?

Any recommended brands commonly available in France?

battery megastore
http://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/ motorhome dealers are usually exspensive for batteries
Mitzimad.......read all of docholidays post again....hes in France now. :rolleyes::LOL:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
its not called the world wide web for nothing lol although to bw honest i didnt notice the op was in france or the fact that battery mega store operated there

OP
OP
D

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
But Battery Megastore also operate in France (and Spain too I think) - see here:
http://www.batteriemegastore.fr/

Unfortunately I'm travelling - I don't have an address in France for them to send it to, assuming they don't have shops you can go to.

Le Clerc seems worth a try. I assume you mean the car parts section in a hypermarket as opposed to a separate shop?

And what's the French for leisure battery?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
When my son in law wanted a leisure battery in France a few years ago it cost the best part of an arm and a leg in a Narbonne Accessories, so would check out some of the hypermarkets first. I have noticed that when there is a motor accessory shop near a hypermarket there is very little in the way of motor bits in the hypermarket

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back