Need the registration number of a 94 to 02 Peugeot Boxer LWB. Trying to source brake cable to fit A Class Alko chassis van. (2 Viewers)

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Can anyone give me the registration number of a Series 2 Peugeot Boxer LWB. I am trying to replace the park brake cable on my Peugeot Boxer based 2001 Pilote G270 A Class. Unfortunately most suppliers can only work from the registration number, mine comes up as a Medium Wheelbase, so the cable is too short as my van has an Alko chassis, the rest of the rear braking system is standard Peugeot Boxer.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Can anyone give me the registration number of a Series 2 Peugeot Boxer LWB. I am trying to replace the park brake cable on my Peugeot Boxer based 2001 Pilote G270 A Class. Unfortunately most suppliers can only work from the registration number, mine comes up as a Medium Wheelbase, so the cable is too short as my van has an Alko chassis, the rest of the rear braking system is standard Peugeot Boxer.
We had the same problem with our hymer. We had to have the brake cable made. We used Speedy cables. I'm sure a lit if us have come across this problem.

Reactions: 68c
Jun 21, 2018
Habrough ,N E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
The hand brake cables on an Alko chassis are an Alko part and they are extremely expensive as I found out recently

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: 68c
OP
OP
68c

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you both. I have already bought a standard cable, that's how I know it's too shortšŸ˜„. I live in Southampton with loads of yacht chandlers so will take the cable to them and get a new longer inner made up. Many thanks.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Our handbrake cables (tandem axle), had to come from ALKO, and as mentioned above, blooming expensive.

You can only get them either direct from ALKO, or from a MH dealer. Caravan and trailer outlets selling ALKO parts, cannot supply parts for a MH ALKO chassis. Been there and tried that.

As Red Sonja has pointed out, there are a couple of firms who make them up for you, using your old one as a template.

Ours were sourced through Camper UK Parts Dept, which were cheaper than direct from ALKO.

Good luck 68c. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Macca1954

Free Member
Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
Recently had a cable made up from Cable Tech think they are nationwide