need recomendation for a diesel engineer (1 Viewer)

SeanandJen

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Harlow
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
Hi Funsters,
I am going to look at a MH next week but being a newbie and not knowing anything about engines I wanted someone to have a look at the motorhome but especially the diesel engine can you recommend anyone in the Wolverhampton area. Thanks.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Sorry mate cant help there but just giving your post a bump to go to top of page again incase some one can help, and welcome to mhf Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
A tad far from you but I believe that Feathers in Halifax come well reccommended

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Sorry mate cant help even tho I live close to you

Do you have any details of vehicle incl Milage & sevice history ?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
What is so unusual about it that makes you want an "engineer" is there no service record. does it start and run without undue noise and smoke

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome SeanandJen :thumb: Both the AA and RAC do vehicle inspections -not sure if they do anything with the mh bit but they would do the engine/driving bits--I would go look at the van and if everything is ok and you are still unsure engine wise go on a test drive and take it to a local to seller garage and ask a mechanic to listen to engine for you -prob cost a fiver for him a drink :winky:Find your own not one the seller says -:winky:Like Tecno says you can hear most things and if you drive it and still unsure then get a AA type inspection done before buying There may be a funster local to the van that could meet and assist you ?
terry

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i dont buy any vans without checking the engine for fault codes if the service record looks wrong. fortunately i have my own code reader and have enough knowledge to know what I am looking at. anyone can buy a cheap code reader off ebay and then look up any fault codes using google

if you are concerned in any way about the mechanicals and need help, i suggest you take a local mechanic with you. preferably the one that you will have look after your investment. Take a look yourself first and if you want to move forward, then pay the mechanic to look it over. if the seller wont allow this walk away

OP
OP
S

SeanandJen

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Harlow
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
Thanks for all the information funsters:Smile: