Need new tyres (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2014
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Ih tio
Exp
We want to get Michelin agilis tyres can u suggest anywhere near Leeds to buy and good price thanks

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
it was mentioned on another thread that the Michelin Agilis were not that good in the wet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Black circle delivered to atm tadcaster, they’re well used to commercial/Motorhome and high pressure valves having done my last 2 Motorhomes

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
I would get in touch with @Brian and Jo who has his own tyre business in Oswestry (P&B Tyres, Unit 4, Mile Oak Ind Estate, Maesbury Road, Oswestry, SY10 8GA Telephone: 01691 655859) who has room to park with water and EHU or he can arrange delivery and fitting near to your address. His knowledge about all things tyres, especially RV and motorhome is second to none.

IandJ

Free Member
Oct 6, 2017
Funster No
Has anyone purchased tyres from France, just wondered if they were any cheaper than in the UK?

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Has anyone purchased tyres from France, just wondered if they were any cheaper than in the UK?

Broken Link Removed

I have used the above company for all our vehicle's. Competitive price for France. They also provide a at home fitting service.
This time round for my MH I went with Verdeistin Comtract 2 all seasons. There not specific MH tires but are all seasons. I had Michelin Agile on the last van. No problems with them, but although they are rated as Mud and Snow in my opinion they are not. And the don't have the snow flake stamped on them so not acceptable for winter in places like Germany or some places in the French Alps etc.
So far I am well pleased with Verdeistin.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
I recently bought a pair from ATS Euromaster in Rochdale, I spent several hrs in Spain and also France on my way back to the UK and the cheapest I could source were all Euromaster but more expensive in France and Spain than in the Uk, Black Circle were also more expensive. I believe Euromaster is owned by Michelin.(y)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Google mobile fitting, get the best quote and play them against each other.

Halfords do a good deal on mobile fitting too, just had 2 tyres fitted at my garrison.

Utter rubbish about the Michelin Agilis and the wet.

13 years on them and best tyres ever. Can you imagine Michelin making tyres that don't perform in the wet!!

All down to personal choice, but brilliant in the wet and dry.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Just changed Agilis....got 80,000km in 4 years out if them....and they still had serviceable tread on them.
Bought Agilis Cross Climate from Kwik Fit, they sell at £153 ish a tyre...but because we were messed about with suitable fitting depot they sold them to us at £127..that's the price of Agilis Camper...and the spec is the same.
In Spain where we live, our local depot wanted 169€ a tyre for Agilis van tyres...so while visiting family here in the UK we bought here....Tyre size.225 65 16...
Never had problems with Agilis and have had a few sets on previous motorhome.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
It’s a very tame tyre thread much more fun when someone has 15 year old tyres and not sure if to change or not. Haha

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back