Need help. Verona to Calais. Mad dash home (1 Viewer)

Jan 29, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
I need to get to Calais by 9th May from Verona, I was thinking via the Brenner pass, Austria, Germany etc.
I broke down in Verona, Italy 2 weeks ago. Have had to wait for delivery of gearbox from UK. Hopefully will be fitted tomorrow. Possibly ready to travel back Friday, fingers crossed. Has anyone got a good route and places to stop, area sostas, stellplatz??? I'm travelling solo! plus dog, secure, safe places please, that I can do do comfortably in 4/5 days. Thank you

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We've just come back from Venice via lake Como aire, 50 cents an hour then we drove through Switzerland (£26 for a 10 day pass vignette but we are over 3.5 tonnes). Didn't stop in Switzerland went through to France stayed at Chatenois nice aire in a pretty village. Then onto Saint marie du Lac Nuisemunt nice aire (free) by a lake then onto epernay stayed just outside on another free aire. In all from Venice it was 14 hours driving so you could do it in 2 nights.

We chose not to go via Austria because of the go box and toll costs.

Anything else we can help with just shout.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Shulahoover
Jan 29, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Thank you for quick response. Did you use tolls? French tolls are so expensive

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
What about Up to Mont Blanc tunnel, then stop somewhere near Geneva (on French side to avoid charges).
Maybe here:

Campsite Sites & Paysages La Colombière

166 chemin Neuf

74160 Neydens

France

GPS: N 46°7'11" E 6°6'19"

Tel 33 450351314

Then up to Troyes (just to N E of Troyes), maybe here:

Campsite Les Rives du Lac/L'Epine aux Moines

rue de Fort St. Georges, RD43

10220 Géraudot

France

GPS: N 48°18'9" E 4°20'15"

Tel 33 325412436

Then either somewhere between Troyes and Calais, sorry can't help on that one!

We are doing almost the same route in reverse tomorrow, but docking in to Zebrugge and stopping at Desenzano Del Garda, just a touch North of Verona. The sites mentioned are our two stop off points on the way!

Have a safe journey

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
4/5 days isn't a mad dash! That's positively leisurely. It makes no difference what route you take if you're going to take that long.

If you really want to get back quickly then the Mont Blanc tunnel and toll motorways through France is the quickest most direct route. That's about 12-14 hours so easy with one stop, doable nonstop if you really have to.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I need to get to Calais by 9th May from Verona, I was thinking via the Brenner pass, Austria, Germany etc.
I broke down in Verona, Italy 2 weeks ago. Have had to wait for delivery of gearbox from UK. Hopefully will be fitted tomorrow. Possibly ready to travel back Friday, fingers crossed. Has anyone got a good route and places to stop, area sostas, stellplatz??? I'm travelling solo! plus dog, secure, safe places please, that I can do do comfortably in 4/5 days. Thank you
Good luck, hope it all gets fixed for you. Safe journey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back