Need Help In France (1 Viewer)

Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
could possibly be gearbox or engine mount not a hard or expensive fix in uk but who knows in france. other half is machanic with the info supplied he says prob gearbox mount around 100 supplied and fitted . oh says put it in 1st gear let clutch up quick if hear bang will be gearbox mount but poss engine mount. hope this helps and good luck

OP
OP
FunnyFendt

FunnyFendt

Free Member
Jun 21, 2010
BH24 2LG
Funster No
MH
Rapido 927F, A-class, LHD
Exp
Since 2000
Hi huggies,
Well we got the AA breakdown via the phone to direct us to one of their local garages (not the one from elamessa but many thanks anyway). Managed to drive to it which was up a tiny incline with a right angle turn at the top, why are most French garages like that anyway?. Thought I would be ok with my French as before we came away I had watched several Pink Panther films and caught up with the back episodes of 'allo 'allo
How strange that the garage man was not called Clouseau or even kato but he was a nice man, a very nice man, a very very very nice man. Diagnosed a rear tyre problem causing transmission rumble to the front and as we are not totally sure of the age of the tyres we opted to have all 4 changed for Michelin camper proper stuff but can't get them for another day.
So back at the free aire at Arras again to wait. To pass the time I thought I heard Angie (bubble) mention strip cribbage. Well I tell you I thought the phyllisan had kicked in early but I thought I would go along with the plan. Funny enough she had mentioned Spanx earlier that had caught my attention. Out came the board and she said. Do you want to go up the inside and down the outside, steady on old girl I said to which I got a withering look. She cut the pack and said. Are we going to have one for his knob, well when I got up to close the blinds she said what the hell are you doing complete with another withering look..... How do you girls manage that so well....
I noticed she was indicating the upturned jack on the pack so I thought why is she doing this to me, and then I remembered it was to get me back for earlier in the day trolling around Arras.
This was where she had mentioned Spanx whilst looking in a clothes shop window and I had a spring in my step... I found out that I had trodden on it earlier and it had caught in my shoe, anyway after removing it we carried on round the square and on passing a swish restaurant. Bubble says. Ooh that smells absolutely delicious and flutters her eyelids at me. Well I thought after carrying on for a few more steps...maybe I don't take her out enough so today I'm going to treat her......so I let her walk past it again. C'est la vie
If you can't laugh when you are having a breakdown...when can you. Xxx

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
(y)(y)(y)

Glad you got sorted.... expensive in France..... but at least you can carry on with your trip..

Enjoy... (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
FunnyFendt

FunnyFendt

Free Member
Jun 21, 2010
BH24 2LG
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks my friend, hopefully with a good exchange rate we might have some cash left to carry on to Italy. Shall I write a blog? What do you think?

dappleduck

Free Member
May 14, 2015
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
toyota lightace
Exp
im a newbie
so pleased you called ouT BREAKDOWN SVS AA that's what you pay for.......them to take the headache and stress out of the situation............don't hesitate.......all sorted now....happy touring dappleduck

OP
OP
FunnyFendt

FunnyFendt

Free Member
Jun 21, 2010
BH24 2LG
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2000
Ok you have persuaded me to take wonderful pictures, write
scintillatingly funny anecdotes and generally stick to the funsters rule of might do it when I get round to it.

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
What a Star you are (y) how not to lose the Plot:))) even when a evil Plot(breakdown) tries to Lose you.:cool:

OP
OP
FunnyFendt

FunnyFendt

Free Member
Jun 21, 2010
BH24 2LG
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2000
Bonjour mes Amis, well had 4 new Michelin camper tyres fitted by a very nice man, all seems to be sorted as getting quite a smooth ride now. Thinks that the tread had deformed whilst coming off the ferry, not on the side wall unusually but just on the edge to centre of the tread. We could see the misshapen pattern of the tread. It was the rear tyre opposite to where the thumping occurred.
Can I thank our French cousins for their support, and of course all you English stalwarts. Can you do a blog offline and then upload it when wifi is available.... Xxxx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back