Need campsite/aire near Krakow? (1 Viewer)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We're going to use Caravaning Elcamp to leave our Motorhome while we trek in the Tatras Mountains. It's an aire at a motorhome dealers with 24 hour security. Can't recommend it as such as we don't get there until the end of the month but it seems like a good option.

There are a few campsites around Krakow with reviews on the internet.

There may be an option of parking nearer Auswitz, someone may have more info for you.

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
There are no campsites in Oswiecim and personally I wouldn't feel comfortable parking in the Auschwtiz 1 or at Birkenau.
Krakow is only 1 hour away so you should see what campsite are there and just travel for the day to Auschwitz.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chris51
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
There are no campsites in Oswiecim and personally I wouldn't feel comfortable parking in the Auschwtiz 1 or at Birkenau.
Krakow is only 1 hour away so you should see what campsite are there and just travel for the day to Auschwitz.
The tour company will pick me up from Krakow so would like to stay there.

OP
OP
Chris51
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Agree with @gloworm, the Centre for meditation and prayer is within easy (flat) walking distance of Auschwitz, the staff are very helpful, the site is flat with some shade, electric hook up, a decent toilet/shower block and a good coffee bar. Stayed there last year and would certainly go back there.

OP
OP
Chris51
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Agree with @gloworm, the Centre for meditation and prayer is within easy (flat) walking distance of Auschwitz, the staff are very helpful, the site is flat with some shade, electric hook up, a decent toilet/shower block and a good coffee bar. Stayed there last year and would certainly go back there.
Will try to book it.Waiting for them to respond to my mail

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Krakow is indeed a great place and to do it justice you need 3/4 days. There are free walking tours daily, meet at the church on the large square. The salt mines are a must and all these tours start from the city, or have ample parking if you drive there.
Phil

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I stayed there, it was fine, you can also get a cheap Polish meal if the kitchen is open!
Despite seeing the camp on World at War etc I still was not prepared for the shocking sight of the hundreds of shoes, artificial limbs and hair.

OP
OP
Chris51
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Am on the case now --will let you know how I get on thanks ----Chris.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back