Need a Non Leisure Battery for the Car. Has anyone got a Discount Code they'd like to share (please) (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The Question is in the Title.

We have a Passat, Stop/Start that uses a 096 Battery.

That size comes in two formats, ordinary Flooded Lead/Acid, and AGM.

For whatever reason, the Stop/Start on the car hasn't been used for some time. I suspect it's because the battery is long in the tooth.
I also believe that with Sods Law, as soon as I fit a Lead/Acid new battery, the Stop/Start will come back to life (although I could switch
it off in the cab.)

Does anyone have the knowledge as to whether an 'Ordinary' battery would be suitable, (accepting the fact that I would have to manually
switch off the Stop/Start and second, does anyone have a discount code for a Battery Supplier.

As usual, in advance, thanks to all contributors.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A regular lead acid battery will be fine for starting but useless for stop start.
Manufacturers used AGM for that reason but now they are reverting due to poor performance.
My AGM is failing (has been for three years) and the stop start only works if I put the battery on overnight charge, then it works a few times then stops working again.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
On Tayna website if you sign up for their newsletter you normally get an email giving a 5% discount.
As long as you buy a decent quality battery I don't think the type is too important as most the cars that fit AGM the alternator has not been changed from when they fitted standard batteries.

I hate AGM's useless in Motorhomes but the one in my car is AGM I've had the car over 8 years from new, battery is still going strong. Stop/start stopped working in 2nd year due to battery being a bit lower, that was a blessing, didn't have to keep turning it off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
On Tayna website if you sign up for their newsletter you normally get an email giving a 5% discount.
As long as you buy a decent quality battery I don't think the type is too important as most the cars that fit AGM the alternator has not been changed from when they fitted standard batteries.

I hate AGM's useless in Motorhomes but the one in my car is AGM I've had the car over 8 years from new, battery is still going strong. Stop/start stopped working in 2nd year due to battery being a bit lower, that was a blessing, didn't have to keep turning it off.

I have read your stance on AGM Batteries Lenny in the past and I have refrained from posting, However,
We've had AGM's (2x) in the Hobby for about three years now and, combined with an 80w solar, they've been fine.

I guess you meet as you find etc.

Anyway, should there be any problems, they'll have to be quick as we're changing (vans, not batteries) on Tuesday. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
I might be wrong but I have a memory that batterymegastore offer MHF a discount.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back