Need a new fridge for the van, any ideas? (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
At the moment the coldest I can get it overnight was 6 degrees. It's currently at 10. It's always like this whether on gas or leccie. So, a new AES fridge may be required unless anyone knows of a fix? Any good sources for getting one at a reasonable price please?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well a fan assister kit certainly makes a big difference but it seems as though your fridge might need attention.

Maybe the cooling gas stuff needs refilling... my people tell me this is now "illegal" but I believe some people still do it...

JJ :coolest:

lynnian

Free Member
May 4, 2010
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Ace Genova
Exp
Since 2008
Hi
Try removing it and tipping it upside down overnight, then putting it back in (the right way round ) and see if that helps as could be an air lock in system?
Ian

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
dont rush out and buy a replacement too quick, the fridge by design is only capable of getting the temperature about 10-15 degrees below ambient temperature. thats why a fan helps by cooling the air over the heat exchanger

even a couple of good sized computer fans have a good effect on the effectiveness of the fridge

shaz4570

Free Member
Sep 20, 2014
Funster No
MH
ducato long wheel base
Exp
new
Hi does anyone know size of the largest fridge available for ducato. I would prefer a larger fridge and do without an oven. Any advice welcome.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi does anyone know size of the largest fridge available for ducato. I would prefer a larger fridge and do without an oven. Any advice welcome.

Hi Shaz,
Ducato is only the chassis cab.
Would need to know what the motorhome make and model is.. But as Jim says, you are better just measuring the space you have or can make available and then buying something that will fill said space (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back