Need a bit of help with fiamma safety bar lock (1 Viewer)

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
Hi guys ..does anyone know how to change the barrel on a fiamma safety bar lock(31.46)?Mine's never worked properly(the lock that is!).and when it's put in position anyone can pull the plunger down and swing it back! So I've been bluffing it for a while now but figure some little tealeaf will at some time give it a try then make a mess of the door trying to get in. Took it off last night but could not figure out how to change the barrel,even went down the road and spent a few hours and a few pints discussing it with mates..in the end came home non the wiser.I would add at this point that when I ordered the replacement,was told it just comes with barrel two keys and a "c"clip..no instuctions,,can anyone help please..cheers Rich

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
A "C" clip is usually one that clips inside a tube. It has two holes that require special pliers (not expensive) to close the two holes together to remove the clip and barrel. Replacing the barrel should be the reverse of the above. IF this is what they mean by a "C" clip.
You could try an assortment of devices to do the job of these pliers but are likely to invent new words and bleed a little.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
A circlip (which you describe) and a 'C' clip are very different. The C clip goes on the outside of a shaft and is shaped like a letter C with the centre part of the gap having projections to fit the shaft. I fit them using square nose pliers with one jaw on the back of the C and the other on the opposite side of the shaft. Pliers against the open part of the C to remove.

It sounds as though you need to dismantle the Fiamma lock far enough to see the locking mechanism and the back of the barrel. The job should be self-evident from there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ricardoe

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
You wont believe this Rosalan and tony idle..phoned the distributor of the safety locks with my problem and he very " kindly" came back saying " all we ever do is drill the old lock out!!!"..thought thats complete bollox
So i looked at the whole handle removed again, and in a slot,concealed in situ was the tag of the "c" clip!.Pulled it up and released the dodgy barrel..just goes to show not all advice is good. Cheers guys

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back