Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We decided to visit the show at the NEC today. Don't do many shows not really our thing but tend to go about once every 2 or 3 years so today was the day. As our vans 12 years old thought we'd better see what we're missing out on. Apart from fancy coloured lighting electric beds and some nice paint work not a lot really.

Anyway looked at all the new vans including one at £129000.00 :whatthe: and have to say there was nothing that got even close to our old Hymer and definitely nothing we'd pay to change for. Don't really get why they all have such small lounges and huge tables may be great for sitting and eating but not much good for lounging or long terming. Suppose we all want different things from a van. We did look at the new Eurotreka with twin slides which was really very nice except 8.5 mts long and no garage so very limited.

So decided we'll spend a few quid on ours including having it reupholstered. We spoke to 2 companies Reluxe and Regal didn't bother with Care A Van to many bad reviews from people we know. Both impressed us although Regal was the better and certainly knew far more about his product and the process than Reluxe. Anyone used either of these and had good or bad experience.

The show was ok not really much different from the last one we went to but well organised and NEC had loads of buses on so no waiting and parking was free. Not as busy as we expected it to be though.

Did notice a lot of the big motorhome dealers were missing.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

We had our lounge suite refilled by Regal BUT which Regal do you mean?.

There's one in Derbyshire ( the one we used) and what a fabulous job they did too.

According to Google there's a Regal in Battle in Sussex. Which one was at the show. They both 'do' motorhomes.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Greetings,

We had our lounge suite refilled by Regal BUT which Regal do you mean?.

There's one in Derbyshire ( the one we used) and what a fabulous job they did too.

According to Google there's a Regal in Battle in Sussex. Which one was at the show. They both 'do' motorhomes.

Regal in Ilkeston Derbyshire

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Regal from Ilkeston are excellent. When we had ours reupholstered,
we stopped overnight in their compound.

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
ferry code at NEC

Does anyone have a ferry code for DFDS at the NEC

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
:thumb:
Going tomorrow will let you know.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Does anyone have a ferry code for DFDS at the NEC

How mercenary of you, but then that's what most of us want:thumb:

I used it last year and took a 7m (up to 10m) MH over in August for £34 each way, hard to beat that.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Went yesterday, DFDS not in exhibitors list, I did not find them if they snuck in somewhere. :Sad:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Regal did a van for us, excellent job:thumb:

dont know abou the one in Battle

Peter

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
This is a copy of a post from last year, yes I waiting for one for this year although grumps 147 said he didn't DFDS them :whatthe:

icon1.gif
NEC Ferry deal book online before show ends 24th Feb
Anyone who wants to take advantage of the DFDS show offer at NEC should use this way into the website www.dfds.co.uk/nec be sure to use it before show ends tomorrow evening, they usually keep it open through Sunday night but it is a SHOW offer so who knows?

It is a fully flexible ticket until 30/06/13 thereafter £10 each way to change subject to 24 hrs notice of change. So book something and then decide your dates later if you wish.

Nice thing is you can travel at civilised times, not in the middle of the night.

Either crossing Calais or Dunkirk or a mixture,

up to 4.35m high and 8m long

£24 each way low season and £34 each way high season

high season is 29/03/13 to 14/04/13 or 24/05/13 to 02/06/13 or 24/07/13 to 01/09/13

Just done mine and it puts a code in of ECS13 automatically. Leave this and continue.

I paid by credit card and they did not charge any extra, Debit card wanted £4.50 so I think they have it set up wrong.

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I have just checked the exhibitors list and dfds are not there ---------- sob!:cry:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
We went yesterday, I went with a list of accessories I wanted for MH only bought one as there weren`t many accessory stalls, disappointed there, did join Britstops, very impressed with the book, didn`t realise so many stopovers had EHU, water and waste emptying facilities, hoping to try out soon. OH bought a 390 Kampa Air Awning to replace the Kampa 390 with the poles, I asked him if he would consider changing caravan for a Motorhome, no way was his reply, :Sad:I think tugging is a lot of hassle, still I do have my MH ::bigsmile:so all is not lost, after looking at the others there , I am very happy with the one I have, new ones don`t seem to be homely, which after all it is a home on wheels, older ones much better built, that is just my opinion, wouldn`t do for us all to be the same, although saying that there was one I did like, that was the Winchcombe, too big for an everyday vehicle, which mine is., looked well built too.
To anyone else going this week to the show, hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

sevy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
burton on trent
Funster No
MH
Over cab
Exp
upholstery

try MCJ upholstery call mark on 07944970730 awesome bloke did my camper, hes won many vw interior trophies at shows tell him I sent ya , location near j25 M1 notts

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Just checked on DFDS website it seems they have an offer for £24 each way but only for cars it does not have the option to book for motorhomes :cry:

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
We went for a look round, and unbelievably came away having bought a new swift kontiki, sitting here in a bit of a daze:cry::Smile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We decided to visit the show at the NEC today. Don't do many shows not really our thing but tend to go about once every 2 or 3 years so today was the day. As our vans 12 years old thought we'd better see what we're missing out on. Apart from fancy coloured lighting electric beds and some nice paint work not a lot really.

Anyway looked at all the new vans including one at £129000.00 :whatthe: and have to say there was nothing that got even close to our old Hymer and definitely nothing we'd pay to change for. Don't really get why they all have such small lounges and huge tables may be great for sitting and eating but not much good for lounging or long terming. Suppose we all want different things from a van. We did look at the new Eurotreka with twin slides which was really very nice except 8.5 mts long and no garage so very limited.

So decided we'll spend a few quid on ours including having it reupholstered. We spoke to 2 companies Reluxe and Regal didn't bother with Care A Van to many bad reviews from people we know. Both impressed us although Regal was the better and certainly knew far more about his product and the process than Reluxe. Anyone used either of these and had good or bad experience.

The show was ok not really much different from the last one we went to but well organised and NEC had loads of buses on so no waiting and parking was free. Not as busy as we expected it to be though.

Did notice a lot of the big motorhome dealers were missing.
Hi Rory,

It's for all the same reasons you mention above, that we had our old Hymer reupholstered, as we've not seen either another layout we liked, at the build quality we've already got.
Tappers did ours. There were issues, which they sorted............but we'd rather that there weren't any in the first place, and had there been some form of quality control on site, there wouldn't have been any issues, so we can't recommend them. :Sad: However, others can.

Good luck with Regal. Have heard many good reports about their work. :Smile:

Cheers,

Jock.

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Regal First Class in every way, If you follow the Video link, !That's me and the Wife, having the 'Hymer Swing' a 'facelift' and the quality is as good as you get.
Broken Link Removed

Best Regards Mac

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
re up holstery

Regal in Ilkeston Derbyshire

We used this company to do our van and they did a cracking job the sales guy tony even lent me his car to into town shopping whilst they worked on the van although not cheap I was very happy with the outcome and would highly recommend them :thumb:

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I had a very good job done with Reluxe, they lent me a BMW for the day. Phoned me at 4pm to say that it was ready to roll.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back