NEC Show (1 Viewer)

wbd2000uk

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Funster No
Morning all,

Went to the NEC Show on Friday and was actually quite surprised at the number of RV dealers in attendence this year. The usual dealers were there, Oakwell, Itchy Feet, Dudleys, Signature and a company I havent come across before called Stingray RV. Everyone seemed to have new 2009 stock except Itchy Feet which was quite a disappointment. Didn't see any sold signs for any RV dealer except Luxury Leisure Trailers who sold one of their american travel trailers. Saw Dick from a distance but he seemed rushed off his feet so didn't manage to have a meet and greet. Maybe Dick has got something to add as I know he has been there since Tuesday!

Did anyone else go to this show and what were your opinions of it?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi

We were there runing the Fiamma stand as usual, not quite as good as last year, some people reluctant to get their wallets out but plenty of sales and lots of telephone orders back at site once people had got back home and made their minds up.

Website picked up as well.

We were also on the Swift and Autocruise stands and sold some new vans, so not complaining at all.

Peter

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I went on Thursday good show for a change I thought, as the last few haven't been very good IMHO.

Plenty of RV's there had a chat to Dick BPG and the guys from Signature.

The holiday homes amazed me some are better and more expensive than a small house but £250k buys a lot of house in today's market.

The best new gadget I saw was on the Easylifter stand. A new Easylifter which can carry a 250kg motorcycle but claims to only add 60kg to the towbar. It is a beefed up version which has a twin wheel jockey on the rear which it runs on that acts like a castor on a supermarket trolley. The good thing is you can fold it up for storage unlike a trailer and you just reverse as normal and it just goes where you want. Be interested to see it in action. Two guys were ordering while I stood there both had 1200cc bikes which they towed on trailers behind European vans, both thought this far superior and less hassle than a conventional trailer. We'll see eh!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

wbd2000uk

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Funster No
Must of missed the gadget of the show. Thats the only problem with it being such a large show, you end up missing so much!

On another note Forestboy, hows the search going for the new RV. Last we heard you were after a small winnie?

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Must of missed the gadget of the show. Thats the only problem with it being such a large show, you end up missing so much!

On another note Forestboy, hows the search going for the new RV. Last we heard you were after a small winnie?

Still looking, can't find a used one so trying to set up a deal at the moment on a new import as I can't strike a deal with Dudley's, should know if it's a goer in about a week.
Fingers crossed, if we do manage to do it that will be the one we keep and do all the mods we really want or should I say Jan wants.

colpot

Free Member
Jan 11, 2009
West Sussex in England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Nearly a year
We went to the Show on Saturday. We came away with a few things we needed - a new electric hook up cable (25m) and tidy (with bag!), a pedicure kit for Mrs Colpot:Eeek:, also a couple of little things I once said we could do without - a sat nav and an 8 in one 15" TV thingy. We came back Sunday morning to hand our Hymer over to its new owners:cry: so we have no motorhome till Friday when we pick up a Swift Sundance 530:Smile: cant wait.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back