NEC Show October 2017 - Tickets & What's New Or Interesting? (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone thinking of going to the Motorhome Show 17-22 October at the NEC Birmingham http://mcshow.co.uk/ thought it might be helpful to have a thread to post any ticket offers or prize draws plus any 2018 model changes.
Couldn't find any prize draws yet but if anyone spots some please post here :)
To kick it off here is the revised Sun Living range from Adria - knew the PVC range was going to be revamped but sadly looks like the garage space is smaller than we want but the layouts & improved decals may be interesting to some. Although Highbridge Caravans have been a major Adria dealer for some time they didn't supply Sun Living but have now been added to the dealer list.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Or you could just go to Dusseldorf and see them all and more, 10 Euro's for two day entry and go can camp on site.

Martin
Agree that Dusseldorf https://www.caravan-salon.com/ is the biggest & best but not feasible for everyone - the October NEC Show is as good as it gets in the UK :) We thought about going to Germany this year but we will be at Sunshine festival instead! :party:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Not long to go now - if anyone does have any spare tickets then please let us know - we plan to be up there for a couple of days so could make good use of them & any others would be offered out on here :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If anyone spots any other prize draws for Show tickets then please post here :)
If you have some unwanted tickets then us Wombles :hi: can make good use of them as will need to spend at least two days there this year! :giggle:

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Having been to the NEC a few times now, I have learned what I think is a valuable lesson that I want to share with some of you. We would never buy or order a new van at the show as the "Show Discounts" are always available when negotiating a new van purchase from most dealers. If you want to mitigate any delivery/build delays which are becoming more prevalent due to increased new order numbers, then we will always buy from dealer stock at this time of year to not only see the van in daylight, and the model that you are actually buying, and if lucky get an even better deal due to it being "last years stock" which in most cases hasn't changed that much from the new shinny ones at the show.
Yes I talk from experience here, as we ordered at the show in October and have waited many months for delivery, when we could have had a dealer stock model from 2017 and got an even better deal. Ok so you may have to fit your own "optional upgrades" like alarm, solar, Tracker etc if they dont come as standard, but it will probably be cheaper to choose you own brands and fitters anyway, just a little more inconvenient maybe.
Hope that gets my point over, look but dont buy at the show, some opinions may differ, as it all depends on the build manufacturer also.
Happy travels everyone, enjoy the show, yes will probably need need two days, 1 for looking at vans, and another looking at accessory stands. Take your own food and trainers for walking its big!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Agree that there are good deals to be had on "new" display models on dealer forecourts especially when they have more stock due in. Sometimes these may have been on display for a year or two & possibly taken to shows too even if not registered hence the lower price. If buying a new motorhome built to your own specification then for most makes a better deal can be had at the October Show as the new models often come with a pack included usually around £1500 value by the manufacturer on top of any discount that the dealer can offer. Timescales for new models can vary in length & may not arrive on time but not necessarily a problem if upgrading the motorhome but for first time buyers precious months of travel could be lost. When we have been looking there have only rarely been deals close to what we could negotiate at the NEC Show in exceptional circumstances like a cancelled order - that's why you see so many seasoned motorhomers buying there :)
It is a bit of a jungle with aggressive sales techniques & worth checking any vital details on the web too as not all sales staff know their stuff or may tell you what you want to hear to close the sale :(

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Looks like our Sunliving LidoM45SP has been discontinued. I like our layout better than the new ones!!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Some of the competitions above are still open until the end of the week - last chance!

We could still make use of a couple of tickets if anyone has some unwanted ones? :hi:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Has anyone won any tickets yet? Not long to go now :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just goes to show it is worth entering these competitions - we won a pair of tickets in the World Of Motorhomes Prize Draw :Grin: Know it's not a huge prize but does feel good to win something!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
There will be competitions to enter at the NEC Show too:
C&MC - Bailey caravan
"The Caravan and Motorhome Club are giving you the chance to win a brand new Bailey Pursuit 570-6 caravan, one year’s Club membership with free access to Club sites for the year! Come and find us at stand 20.79 and start your adventure today"

C&CC - tow car & caravan
"WIN A BRAND NEW SWIFT BASECAMP AND A HYUNDAI i30 AT THE SHOW!
The Camping and Caravanning Club have teamed up with Hyundai Motor UK and Swift Group to give you the chance to win a Swift Basecamp and the new Hyundai i30.To enter, simply visit The Camping and Caravanning Club during the show in Hall 9, Stand 10."

Vantage Hall 11- electric bike

Kampa Hall 12 - electric bike

Worth a try - we might not use a caravan but just think how much motorhoming selling it would fund :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone new to visiting this show hope these hints & tips might help:

Tickets are cheaper ordered in advance online but possible to pay on the day at the NEC. If it does get to capacity (possible on Saturday & Sunday) then the NEC Box Office closes & then only those who already have tickets are allowed in.
Weekdays are much quieter than the weekends so better to walk around & not have to queue.
Parking is included in the cost of your ticket & plenty of room to park the motorhome but not allowed to stay overnight. Car parks are normally some distance away from the main building & as lots of Show halls to walk around so might be a good idea to hop on the free shuttle bus that takes you from the car park to the main entrance but don't forget to note which car park you are in! Also they run from outside the Atrium entrance from 8am-7pm - don't miss the last one or you might have a long walk to your car park.
Sensible shoes - not just because of the large area that you might cover but also going up & down all those motorhome steps of varying heights safely.
Wear layers as although may be cold outside it gets really hot in the halls with all the lights & people.
Taking a rucksack with food & drinks is a good idea as cheaper & don't have to queue. Suggest only one rucksack if two of you as some manufacturers don't allow them to be taken into their premium models so may have to take it in turns or leave it outside.
There is the option of visiting M&S Simply Food at the nearby airport by walking then using the free Air-Rail link - we did this last year & it's a bit of a walk but easy. Any NEC staff should be able to point you in the right direction as they are normally friendly & helpful.
You can go in & out of the halls freely just don't forget to get your hand stamped the first time you leave. When it's busy & crowded being able to get outside in the fresh air for a break is really good. Another Funster suggested that it's easier to go out of a hall into the walkway then back into the next one rather than walk through the halls if lots of crowds (y)
Look out for competitions to enter - could make your trip really worthwhile :)
Pace yourself - it can be a lot to get around & if you have a limited time suggest planning & prioritising the stands you want to see in advance from the online Show Guide http://mcshow.co.uk/download-show-guide/ Also download the floor plan from here http://mcshow.co.uk/floorplan/ on your phone.
Can pick up the paper copy of the free Show Guide on arrival - as mentioned above it can be handy to tear out the maps & have them handy.
There is free Wi-Fi in the walkways outside the halls so worth checking any prices or information online before buying - some sales staff don't know all the facts or might even make it up to get a sale :(
Take photos of Show prices & layouts (there are usually boards outside each motorhome) & anything else that you might forget later. It's easy to be dazzled by all the glitz & excitement of the Show.
If getting a quote for a motorhome that is of interest & you are sitting down with a salesman then don't forget to mention that you would love a tea or coffee as many have hospitality facilities so then you will have had a break & a drink at the very least.
Ask for a cooling off period with your choice of motorhome held if you do agree a sale - 24 hours is normal.
Be friendly & smile - it's long hours & hard work on the stands so more likely to get a good deal if you are likeable not demanding :smiley:

This year don't forget to pick up some Fun referral cards from the Van Bitz stand in Hall 12 https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/fun-referral-cards.162247/ if you want some & look out for fellow Funsters :hi:

Last edited:

cantonalegod

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8086df
Exp
For anyone thinking of going to the Motorhome Show 17-22 October at the NEC Birmingham http://mcshow.co.uk/ thought it might be helpful to have a thread to post any ticket offers or prize draws plus any 2018 model changes.
Couldn't find any prize draws yet but if anyone spots some please post here :)
To kick it off here is the revised Sun Living range from Adria - knew the PVC range was going to be revamped but sadly looks like the garage space is smaller than we want but the layouts & improved decals may be interesting to some. Although Highbridge Caravans have been a major Adria dealer for some time they didn't supply Sun Living but have now been added to the dealer list.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Having been to the NEC a few times now, I have learned what I think is a valuable lesson that I want to share with some of you. We would never buy or order a new van at the show as the "Show Discounts" are always available when negotiating a new van purchase from most dealers. If you want to mitigate any delivery/build delays which are becoming more prevalent due to increased new order numbers, then we will always buy from dealer stock at this time of year to not only see the van in daylight, and the model that you are actually buying, and if lucky get an even better deal due to it being "last years stock" which in most cases hasn't changed that much from the new shinny ones at the show.
Yes I talk from experience here, as we ordered at the show in October and have waited many months for delivery, when we could have had a dealer stock model from 2017 and got an even better deal. Ok so you may have to fit your own "optional upgrades" like alarm, solar, Tracker etc if they dont come as standard, but it will probably be cheaper to choose you own brands and fitters anyway, just a little more inconvenient maybe.
Hope that gets my point over, look but dont buy at the show, some opinions may differ, as it all depends on the build manufacturer also.
Happy travels everyone, enjoy the show, yes will probably need need two days, 1 for looking at vans, and another looking at accessory stands. Take your own food and trainers for walking its big!
Sorry can't agree we have always got deals at Caravan Salon at Dusseldorf that we not been able to get at a dealers afterwards. This year when disciussing the new van our dealer kept going back to Hymer and getting the deal improved, no way could this have happened at a dealership but it can be done when the manufacturer is present. The last van our dealer said we can do it for x which was a very good price but I can't undercut the Germans, however he said there will be some extras thrown in at the Belgium show & there was and we got an even better deal.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I anybody fancies an 11 metre Morelo Palace liner I have heard a rumour that there will be one at the NEC.

Roll up, Roll up.

Martin

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I
I anybody fancies an 11 metre Morelo Palace liner I have heard a rumour that there will be one at the NEC.

Roll up, Roll up.

Martin
Dam, won't fit on the drive, and I wouldn't want to pay UK prices. :D

cantonalegod

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8086df
Exp
Highbridge have sold Adria caravans (& motorhomes to order) for many years but are now stocking Adria & Sun Living motorhomes & are listed as a Sun Living dealer on their http://www.highbridgecaravans.co.uk/products/motorhomes/ & the manufacturers websites

My statement still stands, regarding my many visits to their massive site in Somerset, i have never seen a new Adria motorhome. They may have some at their small Devon location, and they may order them, but if you want to see some in the flesh then i suggest you go to Chelston. Unless they have just started displaying in the last few weeks!

Last edited:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
The other main Adria dealer in the region for a few years now is the Family Travel Centre in Bristol. I've no idea if they are a bigger Adria supplier than Chelston or not.

Last edited:

cantonalegod

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8086df
Exp
Yes, Family Travel Centre have a nice indoor showroom displaying several Adria models. :)

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
mcshow.co.uk and quote CMCi £8.50, Senior or old git £7.50. Hope this helps.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
mcshow.co.uk and quote CMCi £8.50, Senior or old git £7.50. Hope this helps.
Bother! I used DM3 and only got 50p off each so paid £9 and £8. :mad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back